May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, Argo44, gil russell, R Reynolds, 2 invisible), 1,080 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,621
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 57 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 56 57
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Another season wrapped up.

bc
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Good Show Bob!!! Ours ends this weekend. Going to go with Wade and my boy, hope we do as well as you folks did.

Congrats and thanks for all the great pics you posted, they sure were/are fun to look at and enjoy.

Glad you had a good year. I'll bet your looking forward to next year.

Thanks again!!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yesterday was the last day of the season for me. Went out with a friend and his overall point champion EP in the assn. he competes in.

His dog was on point with my GSP backing and he is movng in for the flush.

I was zooming in for a closeup when the bird flushed. I just did a wild click of the camera, not knowing what I got if anything. When hunting he releases his EP on flush. Note feathers coming out of the bird after the shot.

His EP and mine backing

My GSP

....and I forgot to take pics of the birds. blush

Last edited by 2holer; 01/05/13 10:23 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Got invite to a dove closer shoot and had a great time. Should have limited out we started out in a bad location and had to move our blinds to get in the flight lines. Then we got lucky and got the best spots in the field. Big flock after big flock pounded us until the rains came. Had a blast! A great way to the end the dove season. Still have plenty of quail hunting to do.

I used my Thomas Wild hammer gun and Dad used his Beretta 20ga.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

While cleaning out my turkey hunting junk, I found a leaky bottle of Dr. Tom's Turkey Scent. It had leaked all over my collection of MADD Silent Shock Gobble Whistles. I threw it away in this dumpster on the way to work downtown last week. Within moments this hen appeared. jOe, Geo, check the lids on your bottles.

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all, well this weekend was the last for our upland season here in NoDak. It was a good one, not the very best, still a good. Lots of great memories hunting with my sons and friends. Towards the end, the snow made things a bit tough, but every bird shot was earned. Kind of sad, but now it's time for Ice Fishing. I hope the good Lord will grant me more seasons like this last one. Thanks Lord and you St. Hubert for a wonderful season!

Here's a couple pics from yesterday, Wade, Will and I went out for the better part of the day, I managed two, Will one and Wade a Hun and two cottontails. The funny thing about Wades Hun, it was a single and in the cattails, odd to say the least. I was using my Dickinson 16ga, Wade his 12ga Dickinson and Will his Fabarm 12ga:

Wade and Will:

Wade, Myself, Lakota and Duchess:

Pics from today, I managed two roosters and a grouse. I was using my 12b Henry Atkin, the end of a good season:

Thanks again all for posting your pics, I enjoyed everyone of them!!

Best Regards!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Today, end of season, brings a tear to my eye. I cleaned and oiled my trusty old Amantino today. Wiped down all the rest in my gun cabinet. Time to dig out my spinning rods and head for the Garrison tailrace. Just think, only 10 more months till we hunt pheasant again old friend. smile

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
Today, end of season, brings a tear to my eye. )

But jerb, at least you've got snow until July 4th. Lucky you. wink We've got through the end of January for woodcock in SC, end of February for snipe and quail in Ga., and then the main event, Ga. turkey season third weekend in March through May 15th.
Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

We better not have snow till the 4th Gil! If we do Greg, Wade and I will post pics of us shooting clays wearing snow shoes. grin I'm content to leave the turkey, quail, snipe, woodcock and dove for you boys down south. This West Dakota boy would rather shoot pheasants.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am in mourning, for the dove season which ended yesterday. We tried hard to shoot a limit but, it was not to be. Shot a peanut field about 35 miles south of me yesterday morning. I set up my blind and my Mojo, and in about ten minutes I looked to my right and a pair (a true pair laugh ) was coming straight toward me. I dumped the first bird with the right barrel as he crossed in front and swung ahead to the other, dumped him with the left. And, as quickly as it started it was all over. Not another shot.

In the afternoon it was no better in another location. Grandson Jackson killed one with his second barrel. I missed one, then killed another very long bird with my right.

Adam, ya'll had a good last day compared to me. The times when you kill a limit on the last day of the season are rare, rare indeed.

Great thread, Greg. Maybe we'll still see some posts of ducks, woodcock and quail. Headed to Arkansas next Sunday. Hope to have some good pics to post.

Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 47 of 57 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.