April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (CJ Dawe, Jem Finch, David Williamson, Jimmy W), 1,183 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,843
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37
Sidelock
Sidelock

How many multiples of an RBL price are you talking for a barreled action, Mr. Ken? Music to the ears but doesn't sound like Marklart's answer to the Remington 1100.

jack

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I only wish I could say Mr. Jack. As soon as I can get an ejector gun to Steve, he'll start taking measurements of every part inside and outer measurements. He will have to crunch the numbers so to speak. Steve is so honest, he will insist on going to the expense of machining all the required fixtues for holding parts while machining them. There will be more than one fixture needed to completely machine one part ( different operations). He will actually build a complete action minus bbl to honestly establish a price. He tells me he will need 2-3 months to do everything "excep"t make the parts. As soon as I get the word, I'll give y'all the word. Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken,
Sounds like a great project. Just an observation from Tony Galazan's RBL, he indicated that the RBL was being machined after full heat treat hardening to eliminate any distortion from heat treat.

Best of luck. Keep us posted on the progress.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken, two days ago, I posted about my dream of someone re-making the Lefever with modern materials as an improvement on the original. Hallelujah, Dreams do come true! Your project is a practical and innovative amalgam of customer-focused ideas, with one exception: You MUST make it available with 16ga. barrels on the 20ga. frame. Upland hunters will be buying the gun. Give them what they want. There is no shortage of 20 bores available, but very few 16's. The 16 is simply more bang for the buck, especially for western hunters that encounter a wide variety of birds, and it can be built on the same frame as the 20. My 16b. is built on the 20ga. xx frame, so I don't see why it couldn't work. Please give it some serious consideration. We 16'ers would come out in droves, believe me. As for myself, I might be able to buy in too, once I know what the cost is. Good luck!!

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

I might also add, regarding Rabbit's quote to me: "Between the thought and the action, lies the shadow." How apt indeed.

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Glad to hear that you feel the lughtweight wouldn't be to light for the 16 ga. Indeed this would certainly be a consideration. My interest is to be able to offer ( as Uncle Dan did) as many features as possible. I most certainly pass this along to others that will be involved with me in helping to grt this project flying. I would also like to assure you that this action will be the finest piece of precision workmanship you have ever run across. Steve Earle is a past master of the highest order that I have ever seen. Believe me, in 48 years in the trade I think I have seen it all. Thanks for the feedback. Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken!
Do you know if steve uses SolidWorks? What type of 3-d modeling program does he use?
Thanks

RMC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken, I'm going to take off my socks in tribute to your new venture. Comments and questions? Lefever is a great gun, good choice. I have a 16ga. Lefever in my hands and it is made on the XX frame. Also, handled a 20ga. Lefever today and it is made on a XX frame also. What gives? Another yes vote on 16. Did you see the comments when the RBL came out and all the ones holding out for the 16ga. Any chance of getting rid of the cocking indicators and those firing pin screws on the frame. Get the frame cleaned up for some of your engraving. Love DT and extractor function. Nothing matches the sweet sound of the extractor gun closing up with a clunk instead of passing wind as you struggle to cock the ejectors on closing. Make sure the ebony portrait insert in the forearm is something other than the Cocker Spaniel that's in my gun. Concave rib, instead of flat? Good luck and you may have really done it this time. Sounds like you've picked a talent pool of the finest our sport has to offer. Randy

RMC
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken,
What is Steve Earle's phone number?
Thanks,
Chris

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is an article about Steve and his work on the Wesson:
http://www.assra.com/feature-november_december-2004.htm

His address and telephone number are in the article.

Pete

Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.