May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (WJW, redoak, Jimmy W, doublenut), 220 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,033
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GregSY
There are two different kinds of thermometers?

They are distinctly different...see the post above. laugh

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have no intent to tote some AMA partyline and debate it here with anyone. Those who offered up their solutions to gun safety, my hat is off to you. I truly wish everyone who was a gun owner was conscientous and responsible. Teaching safe handling and responsibility is by far the most prudent approach.

Please understand that I was offering up an explanation of how industrial medicine works. When the rubber meets the road in the confidentiality of the office, I hope every provider has the capacity to gauge which questions are appropriate and where counseling is needed.

I see many new parents still in their teens who come from generations of poverty and low socio-economic status. I suppose some of you have intimate knowlege of how tough that is, although the nature of this board is as far from their world as can be in our country. To not educate them on potential hazards is negligence, including crib safety and water temperature. To be sure, they need to be receptive and want the information. That is the art of medicine. I'm sorry some of you cannot grasp that prevention is worth a ton of cure. I am equally sorry that some providers cannot see that asking you about gun ownership is silly.

I have seen several children shot from negligent storage and handling. How many of you is it ok to offend to avoid that tragedy? What is the price tag we want to place on this? Who should make the effort to avoid it? Those who have held a dead child and heard the anguish of grieving Mother can get on the pedestal and preach to me about propriety, the rest of you can take your thin self righteous skin and bugger off.

Rob

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stop the doctor bashing. If it weren't for the wonderful doctors who have treated me, I'd have been dead four years ago. You want to bash somebody, bash the politicians who have sold our country down the river to maintain their power bases -- and that includes just about all of them. Chopper

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DrBob

However, I am open to any and all "Doctor jokes" and hope to hear them all

DrBob,

The three MOST DANGEROUS THINGS IN AVIATION:

1. A Doctor in a Beechcraft Bonanza or a Cirrus...(a.k.a. fork tailed Dr. Killer)..........

2. Two high school drop outs in a fuel truck...(also two ________ in a fuel truck)...........

3. A stewardess with a chipped tooth..........

Happy New Year............ smile

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a guy with constipation come in the other day. He was told to take 2 Fleet's Enemas for his exam.
He told me " they taste like sh*t and the straw is all covered with grease".

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DrBob
Lets be honest. This post has really gone off base. It started as a post of a Dr joke which is at least 5 years old. Not so funny any more, but who cares. There are physicians like myself who hunt, own guns, and are as " real American' as anybody else on this forum- 15 years active duty Army and 20 years in the reserve. I haven't worked a 40 hour work week in 35 years. More like 60 and during residency more like 160. I spent 15 years after High School in training to do what I do. Those years were spent earning less per hour than the average reader of this forum makes. I work my butt off everyday hoping to save a few folks from dieing prematurley from a disease I hope I can prevent and to relieve those suffering from current conditions that I can treat.
To link every physician or any other catagory of worker in the US to a mold based on your personal experience is wrong. Personally, I beleieve our medical care systen is so messed up because free enterprise allows them to bill for what the patient wants, not what they need.
However, I am open to any and all "Doctor jokes" and hope to hear them all
Well said, Dr. Bob. My favorite duck hunting partner is also my primary physician, Dr. Domineco. His grandfather was a master engraver for Beretta, in Gardone Val Trompia, Italy and when Mussolini and Hitler formed their "Pact of Steel" he left for America and became a US citizen, worked as a tool maker in a defense plant during WW11- I have seen and shot several of his Beretta handguns and shotguns- My friend also has been decorated by the USN Blue Angels (He flies a Beechcraft however) and is an avid homing pigeon racer. He knows of my love of fine guns, also that I shoot barn (feral) pigeons in the off hunting season- and is open minded. His daughter is attending Julliard, studying piano, and we both love classic music as well as hunting. A very open minded and well-rounded man, IMO. My cardiologist, Dr. Tjender, is from India- speaks 6 languages fluently and goes out of his way to make all his patients feel at ease, again, IMO. My Dentist, Dr. Mallick, shoots a Beretta 28 gauge, and asked me to help him find and then sight in a BA scoped rifle for his MT. elk hunt. Super great guy. Doctors hold human life and trust of their patients in their hands, as you said, don't work a straight 40 hour week, and sure- there are Doctor jokes, just like their are lawyer and plumber jokes- No big deal!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

See what happens when you take away ethic humor - now we have doctor and lawyer jokes instead.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jerry V Lape
See what happens when you take away ethic humor - now we have doctor and lawyer jokes instead.
I'm holding out for the lack of ethnic humor-- back when I was in Military Service, and my surname had a Slavic "Ski" attached, the infamous "Pollock" jokes were goin' around. I had just made E-4, and was in the NCO duty hut and some of those were being discussed- a big E-5, named Wadislawski- the strong silent type (built like Dick Butkis of the Bears) was listening,and then he said- "Hey, I got one for you guys- What's black and blue, lays on the deck and don't hardly move?"-- We all gave up- his answer- "The next SOB that tells a Pollock joke when I'm around to hear it"- Dead Bang quiet-- ethnic jokes are like ethnic "cleansing", not funny- Jokes about Doctors, various specie of thermometers and private body parts and functions- belong in movies like Animal House perhaps--or National Lampoon- you chuckle, but then move on--

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm a martinet. My family understands there that there are no ethnic jokes in my presence. Like teasing, ethnic jokes are often tinged with cruelty.

My rule isn't because of personal experience but of fairness, of not attaching opprobrium to descendants.

Moreover, I've found aspersions of particular character weakness to be wrong; Irish, French, Italians and East Europeans seem good stuff to me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I'm a martinet. My family understands there that there are no ethnic jokes in my presence. Like teasing, ethnic jokes are often tinged with cruelty.

My rule isn't because of personal experience but of fairness, of not attaching opprobrium to descendants.

Moreover, I've found aspersions of particular character weakness to be wrong; Irish, French, Italians and East Europeans seem good stuff to me.
I'll drink to that, and also with any and all you have listed- America, and Canada- great melting pots from European roots and heritage indeed.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.