April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (barrel browner, ClapperZapper, AaronN, Fudd, FallCreekFan, 1 invisible), 433 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,204
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

It musta been hacked by Piers Morgan and David Gregory.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Google has specifics as to what is at the site and where it was found and where it replicated and identified some of the malware and Humpty, at least one URL ended with the .ru suffix. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
and Humpty, at least one URL ended with the .ru suffix. Gil

No surprise. Must be one of the trojans. What they normally do is lock your Windows and tell you your PC is suspected of having illegal content, punisheable by this and that, but if you send a modest sum, you can have the code to have it unlocked. Don't know any Windows user in Russia to whom it never happened. Of course paying is useless, and the way to go is to either seek help at dr.web.com (they have a free help service for that), or get aroung Windows by running an alternative operational system from an external drive and clean the autoexec.but and config.sys files, where these bad germs normally roost.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh, and by the way. Long time wanted to say this. No Google warnings recently, but every other time I go to shotgunworld, I see one or two viral banner ads. They might pretend I won a content, or that I have an incoming call on Skype, or a similar message. I don't know what happens if you click on one - I never did and noone in his or her right mind would do it intentionally. But the danger is always out there, warnings or not.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bilious Bob
It musta been hacked by Piers Morgan and David Gregory.

grin

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Shotgun World blocked? Oh my, what will I do? Another night with out sleep! Just when I needed critical and crucial opinions on which 311 to buy!

I'll log back on in about six monthes. By then there should be an intelligent question. If not, I'll wait another six monthes. If I remember.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I went there. Got on just fine. No problems indicated. Mozilla and AVG.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Cary
Shotgun World blocked? Oh my, what will I do? Another night with out sleep! Just when I needed critical and crucial opinions on which 311 to buy!

I'll log back on in about six monthes. By then there should be an intelligent question. If not, I'll wait another six monthes. If I remember.

Sites like that serve a real service. If they did not exist we would be getting a hundred 311 type questions a day. Do not look down at a site just because it does not cover your small area of interest.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If Shot Gun World provides a service you desire or can benifit from, wear it out. While many of our more knowledgable members provide valuable advice there, I burn out after about fifteen minutes. I don't miss it when it's gone for a day or so.

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Recieved two of my worst viruses from that site. Have'nt been there in two years, and been virus free. How do I know it came from there, my company IT dept traced it, and the second time, once I hit the site, I could see the virus download. Pulled the plug...but to late.

To bad, it's a great site otherwise.

Don.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.