May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (welder, playing hooky, Guy Ave, Gunning Bird, SKB, 1 invisible), 1,031 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,552
Members14,416
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Boxlock
Boxlock

Spring was cold and seemingly unending in Wisconsin... until last week!

And today is sizing up to be the hottest day of the year so far.

I haven't been over to see Roy since Memorial Day, so I don't have a lot of current updates.

He's back home and enjoying the Brewer's season. A lot of busy effort went in to getting the ramp built and the house ready for wheelchair accessibility.

He's taken a few steps and he's enjoyed visits with the local family and visiting grandkids.

I sent a lot of data to the LACA people that he was keeping track of, so hopefully someone will be able to pickup the archiving duties.

I hope to get over there this weekend and I'll post an update then.

Brad

OxO
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brad,
I am glad to hear Roy is making some progress. Give him regards from all of his friends at the LACA.
You mentioned sending some of Roys stuff to the LACA. However, Rich Brewster who was the RP up to the last issue, nor me who is taking over for Rich, are aware of any material.
We are working on upgrading the fine work that Roy did to produce the CD with the old issues. Who did you send the info to?

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Boxlock
Boxlock

Terrill Buffum was who I was directed to send the stuff to.

OxO
Boxlock
Boxlock

As long as I'm in the neighborhood, a quick update. I stopped to see Roy last weekend and we took a little day trip to Lake Kegonsa State Park, "The Keg", it was a bit too windy to fish off the accessible piers there, but we had a good time and rigged up a telescoping "cane" pole to try out a little longer next time. We did learn that the railings on the pier are a bit high to manipulate a rod with one hand from a wheelchair though!

Had a nice stroll and roll on the paved trail along the dog-beach and people-beach. Also did a bit of "drive by" exploring along the Rock River and Yahara River out in the country. It was a nice long and relaxed summer outing.

There are some immediate-family activities on the agenda for the Fourth and I may head back over there later in the weekend to catch up with my cousins and their munchkins.

Unfortunately, McMiller shooting range is closed for the Holiday, otherwise, I'd like to take him out there and amuse him with my inability to powder clays at the trap range. It's a nice, friendly, gun-oriented environment, with a huge great-room to inspect our Lefevers and have lunch.

All for now. I'll see if I can find some pictures to post,

Brad

OxO
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brad, there is a PM for you.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hello,

Been a while since I posted an update. Roy is enjoying the holiday season and he has a new i/Pad and email address to go with it. We'll be setting it up with Skype and Facetime and other apps over the holiday and seeing how well he can navigate with it. If you'd like to say hello, PM me and I'll give you some new contact info.

He's still not able to walk or speak, but he seems to read pretty well and enjoys the updates from the real world. If any of you know any apps or resources for iPad that might be of interest to a stroke victim, please pass them along. Also, if those of you who maintain websites are able to make them "mobile-friendly", we'll create some shortcuts on his home screen to go directly to the websites in the IPAD browser.

--Brad

OxO
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brad, I'm so glad to hear that Roy is still with us. Can't help you on the techie side, though. I and many others will look forward to hearing from him.
I sure miss his auction reports
Merry Christmas to the Eckrose family and a Happy New Year<
Mikey

Sidelock
Sidelock

Roy, congratulations on still being here. I am not a techie, so I can't help you, but I am confident someone else can. I can't get "around" either, so I kind of know what you are going through. I hope you start posting here again. Bill Murphy in MD

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello Roy,
My best regards. Still working on the Lefever articles. Sent one on the Model 4 to the DGJ a few weeks ago.
Later, Walt

Sidelock
Sidelock

I miss your post and am glad to hear that you are hanging in there. Will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.