May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Marks_21, Hoot4570, Pwog, R Reynolds, coosa, Guy Ave), 631 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,611
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 57 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 56 57
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, and the ink doesn't flow as well as it used to either.

I am glad to be here.
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

A good dog, a wood lot and a lateral ditch, a good SxS and dinner is delivered.

bc
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all, here's some recent pics from this past week. We got a new computer so I had to figure out how to work the damn thing.

Myself and Will, I was using my 16ga Uggie 1030 and Will his Sauer 16ga Royal:

Wade, Will, Lakota and Duchess:

Wade and me:

Been cold here, but only a couple weeks left!!

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nicely done, Greg. I couldn't help but chuckle though looking at you and the boys and your bag of birds.

Once again, this time down at the coffee shop yesterday, I heard how late season birds flush so far out and so wild that you better be able to shoot fifty yard birds or you go birdless.

All of us know the crier and I dang near peed my pants when one of the old farmers told him that with the mutt he hunts, he never sees a pheasant any closer than the far end of the field.

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RCC
Late season hunting is a little cold,

RCC,

What on earth kinda trees can stay green in that kind of cold? They don't look like conifers.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, those trees are probably Russian Olive. The ones in my yard take forever to drop their leaves. smile

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

They are Russian Olives. For more than a century they have held back the wind and provide winter shelter for all kinds of prairie game, everything from cottontails to deer, including pheasants, sharpies and on occasion Huns.

Now because some grant subsidised college kid with the State Conservation Dept thinks they are toxic, the G&F is bulldozing miles upon miles of them down.

Sadder still is the know-it-alls are not replacing that habitat with something else.

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think our soil conservation program even sells Russian Olive anymore. I bought mine years ago from their surplus stock every spring. I do see new seedlings popping up once in a while though. Toxic? What's next? Do they actually think some kid is going to chew up a Russian Olive tree and croak? Sad because they make a fine wind break, natural snow fence, and good cover. Bulldoze mine? Not on your life.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

JRB,

I misstated. They claim Noxious, not toxic. Regardless, this ripping them out of the flats and plateaus because some moron in Helena thinks that they are destroying the river bottom cottonwoods is just plain stupid and another example of the blinders our government agencies wear when pushing their agendas.

I offered to take as many of their numbers who cared to see, out in the river boat at June Rise so they could see how many of their precious cottonwoods were being torn out by the roots, as the river continually changes it's course.

Does it surprise you that there were no takers?

bc
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all,sad thing is they do provide some nice cover. Very hardy tree, we have quite a few here used for windbreaks also.

So what Bob says is the dying truth. Over here no one seems to care if they are around or not. The folks who didn't like them took them out, but the state as far as I know, could give a hoot less.

BTW, nice pics Bob, you do post some great ones!

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Page 42 of 57 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.