May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ted Schefelbein), 375 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,517
Posts545,694
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Michael, having spent years in TV and photography, gray is the preferred color for most applications in that it provides a very restful background with no distractions-I prefer a lighter gray but you may have to experiment with your lighting system. Gray cards are traditionally used for setting exposures and color balance. Regards, Dr. Dozier sends

Exorcisms performed cheaply. "We get the Hell out!"
Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael, i think the white looks the best compared to the other colors.
Here's one that Ken H. posted and it makes the subject jump out.
It's a nice contrast.

David

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: john dozier
Michael, having spent years in TV and photography, gray is the preferred color for most applications in that it provides a very restful background with no distractions-I prefer a lighter gray but you may have to experiment with your lighting system. Gray cards are traditionally used for setting exposures and color balance. Regards, Dr. Dozier sends

John, Thanks for the info, the majority of my published photographs for the last ten years have been B&W. Then my backdrop was the same gray as a gray card and worked fine. I now need to learn color for pictures I’m taking for book projects, mine and others. I’m getting board looking at the white background although that seems the best. I’m not allowed to make any color decisions at home ;-) so maybe I should follow the same rule for pictures.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

DRM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

At the end of the day if the focus is on the item, white is the only clear choice. Every color variation of the object is then picked up without being influenced by the background color.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

GRAY!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I liked 10 the muted grey green. I guess that's because the background relative brightness is close to the subject brightness. I'm no pro but a tad more frontal illumination might be a little better. Very nice

Sidelock
Sidelock

While white is ok I'm going to be contrary here and pick grey. It IMO create the least startling contrast with the gun and,to me, the firearms details stand out better with this background.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Harry Sanders
I liked 10 the muted grey green. I guess that's because the background relative brightness is close to the subject brightness. I'm no pro but a tad more frontal illumination might be a little better. Very nice

Harry,

When you say front illumination, do you mean more light on the gun, something like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/mjpetrov/color13.jpg

Sidelock
Sidelock

White is safe. But I prefer light gray or an unsaturated blue or green. I think #11 is best, easier on the eyes even than your white. Try some different hues, but with the saturation level of #11.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Much better, Michael!

May I ask what software allows you to change the background color in that fashion?

Last edited by mike campbell; 03/12/07 06:30 PM.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.