May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (MD2, Wild Skies, MattH, Bob Jurewicz, old colonel, 1 invisible), 884 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,400
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Been married 50 years. Never an argument - ever, and neither of us makes rules for the other. If it something she wants either she buys it or I see that she gets it. As far as running out of storage space, that would only result in me buying another safe. Both of us are pretty mindful of money and while not exactly frugal, never buy if we can't pay cash for it. Sell the Belgium!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: watchknut
Any thoughts on to whether it has been restored? Thanks.

Of course it has been restored. Keep the W&S. If you really want to get rid of one, sell the Belgian; if not, just play the "for Sale" game...Geo

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the tips, looking like the Webley is staying and the Belgium is moving along.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a list of guns and prices that is quite helpful....Webley & Scott....$35 Winchester 21....$150......Parker DHE....$175 and so on. Leave it lying around so your wife will read it and think you are not spending much on guns.
I guarantee you will not know how much a pair of designer shoes, handbag, or dress EVER costs!

Sidelock
Sidelock

This can only end badly..

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pattern the two guns. See which one you shoot best. To choose one because of a well known name over the other could be wrong. I have a no name 1910-24 Belgian guild 16 boxlock w/double sears that I shoot really well. I'd say pretty well done internals.

Last edited by 2holer; 12/05/12 04:42 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Unfortunately she already has an idea of what my "toys" cost. The guns pale in comparison to my watches. I knew this would happen when I got married, so I bought as much as I could before the whole house and kids things came about. Great idea about the patterning, I need to take the gun to my gunsmith and let him open it up and give me his opinion on it too.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd sell the guild gun and keep the W&S. It does look like someone recased the gun and had Briley chokes added. I'll wager more money has been spent on the gun than it will sell for. I think it is a refinish because there are stock blemishes inconsistant with the high level of action finish.

I use the same gun cases for moving guns into and out of the house. It might leave the house empty and return full. It's always the same cases. She has never "inspected" the contents.

I am another who has a "gun fund" and her "fun account". I match my shooting expenses with deposits into her account. It makes shooting more expensive, but it is more than worth it.

Last year while shooting grouse in Scotland, my wife was thrilled everytime I shot a grouse because it added to her shopping budget at the High Street shops.

Joe

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am definitely going to get the dedicated case for moving guns. Luckily the previous owner dumped a ton of cash into it, and not me. I think I should end up alright, and worst case scenario, I hang onto it.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

How much??

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.