April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jem Finch, fab500, Jtplumb, Jerry G, SKB, Hammergun), 412 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,472
Posts545,152
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for posting the drawings Doug. After seeing the ads for the David McKay Brown guns showing their trigger plate action internals, I was especially interested in the Dickinson hammer springs. These appear unlike anything I've seen before.

Jay

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 12/07/12 08:28 PM. Reason: corrected McKay Brown name
Sidelock
Sidelock

HI:

Am I wrong to think that this "Turkish" gun is over priced by about $600.00? While it is a nice looking gun, It is the same price as a Beretta Silver Pigeon 1. Which gun would hold its value better?

I may be living in ignorance, but the price seems to be quite inflated.

Stay well my friends,

Leomat

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Franchi
HI:

Am I wrong to think that this "Turkish" gun is over priced by about $600.00? While it is a nice looking gun, It is the same price as a Beretta Silver Pigeon 1. Which gun would hold its value better?

Stay well my friends,

Leomat

Hi Leomat:

For openers, Beretta does not make a 16 gauge shotgun, check it out.........

http://www.berettausa.com/shop-by-department/firearms/field-shotguns/

Beretta's website says no 16's....about a year ago I called the Beretta Gallery in Dallas and they said without pause, "We do not make any 16 gauge guns"...?.....Maybe that has changed recently, if so, I'm not aware of it.....

Beretta did make some 16's before WWII .....

I also did not know you could buy any new side by side Beretta for this kind of money ($1599.00), am I wrong...?

Best,

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Franchi
HI:

Stay well my friends,

Leomat

I'd have to disagree,

The Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 currently retails for $2250 and usually sell for around $2000.

Beretta's base SXS... the 471 Silverhawk retails for $3850.

You'd be hard pressed to find a comparable, new, quality SXS in the same price range as the Dickinson. If you know of something, please share.

Adam

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi All:

I got caught comparing apples to oranges!

From what I hear, people are paying about $1600.00 for the Beretta SP1 despite what the list price is.

I guess that it costs much more to make a SxS than an O/U.

If a gun is a 16 gage, does it cost more than other gages? Sometimes this may be true in the smaller guns like the.410.

Some people refer to the SP1 an an entry level shot gun. Is the Cabela's gun also considered an entry level gun? I guess compared to the price of Beretta SxS it may well be also considered an entry level gun.

In any case, thanks for the information.

Stay well,

Franchi

Sidelock
Sidelock

2 1/4" is a high comb for my tastes. Simple enough to shave it down and refinish, but still.....

Not sure why most modern guns have such high combs? I don't like seeing a lot of rib when I look down the barrels, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Not everyone shoots at fast rising birds.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To me, those dimensions are about perfect. But then again, I hunt quail.

Adam

Sidelock
Sidelock

They fit me very well as manufactured......I hunt game in several countries and clays etc....these are really good guns in my opinion.......works for me.......... I use a slip on leather Pachmayr pad usually.......

20 gauge S & W foreground.....16 gauge Dickinson background....subtle differences......

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug, how did your Dickinson's barrels check out for accuracy?

I just picked up a used 16 from the Cabelas in Rogers MN that looks to be virtually unfired. It's just like yours, even the double triggers, a first for me. Not sure when I'll get out and shoot it, but have to do that within their 30 day return period. They had a new one with single trigger too, but the bolt was so sticky you just about had to bruise your thumb to open it.

They also had a 20 and a 12, both minty. None of them on the Cabelas website listings.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Jay,

The new 16 patterns really nice IMO...I've shot it quite a bit, using B & P 16 F2 Classics 1 1/16 oz, some Eley 16 duck loads that I have several cases of and my handloads of course, also some Remington field load factory 7's & 7.5's........

I'm very pleased with the gun and it shoots about like my 20 which is a fixed choke S&W as pictured above.....I prefer the full and modified chokes out here and those are the chokes I leave in the gun....

Glad to hear you found one, I think you will really like it.....

What do you think of the gun, now that you have one in your hands, pictures.......?

Best Regards,

Doug

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.