April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Argo44, 1 invisible), 204 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,440
Posts544,756
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 57 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 56 57
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't get many birds with the longbow, still have a lot of fun.

Do a little better with the Simson 16ga

South Dakota a few years ago with a 16ga Sterly

tunes

"It's a good day for something"
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 1cdog
Looks like you guys had some nice weather in Montana for this time of year. What was the temperature?

Great pictures! Congrats on your successful hunt!

That was an early day in the season and if I remember correctly, the temps were in the 40's.

Today the temps are fore casted for mid 20s. We have not received much snow and if we don't get a good snow fall soon, next year is going to be awful dry and habitat will really suffer.

Long bow, Tunes! Wow! I remember the days from my college years when I tried bird hunting with a recurve. I seem to remember connecting with only one bird and the arrow was tipped with a four arm spring head.

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

RCC thanks and I when I get back up there I will be sure to let let you know. I meant to drive over and see Daryl and Anne but life interfered. Handsome lab you have.

Nice Rudy. Did you kill anything with the bow?

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 11/27/12 09:23 AM.

I am glad to be here.
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,

Here is one from a little hunt I took these good folks out for in the opening week this year. Recognise anyone?

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Your hospitality was nothing less than phenominal.
Shelby is an extraorinary dog.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you for the kind words Bob, but it is real easy to be hospitable to gracious people.

Please come again. The bird numbers are bound to improve and you all are lways welcome.

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Happy campers, and sweet rewards, after a great day chukar hunting:

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mark, now that is a good picture of the gun, the environment, and the bird. It all "fits" and makes a wonderful composition. Tell me again about the stock decoration and how you did it. Really beautiful.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Love those matching grins! That DOES look like "chukar country"!
Once I was hunting dogless in a place like that and took a shot and remember thinking "Oh crap, I HIT one!" (they were going downhill fast when I shot). I also remember being the bottom dog in one of those big V-shaped canyons and taking an incomer flushed by one of the guys up higher. The dead bird almost took my head off! Chukars can RUN uphill darn fast and they can FLY downhill near supersonic.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You got that right Mike. The slope I shot the bird above on was so steep that after I hit it about 40 yds away, it rolled about another 50 yds downhill. Briar made an amazing retrieve for me. I was so proud of him.

Daryl, thank you. It was pretty simple really. Buy an old beat up hammer gun with nice engraving, pistol grip and cheek piece, polish the metal, tighten the action, convert it to straight grip, remove the cheek piece, carve in leaves on the wrist, checker around them, and paint your dog, chukars, your dad, and a rooster on the sides in silver paint. A couple dabs here, a coat of finish there, and voila! Done. Like I said, easy smile

Page 35 of 57 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.