April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (LRF, Roundsworth, montenegrin, 1 invisible), 373 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all, for those who have one, how is single trigger on this gun? Reliable? Heavy pull?

Not interested in the DT model, just the ST model.

Also, are the bbls thick enough for steel shot (size 3 and smaller) in IC/Mod?
Any help would be great!

Thanks!!!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gjw
Hi all, for those who have one, how is single trigger on this gun? Reliable? Heavy pull?

Not interested in the DT model, just the ST model.

Also, are the bbls thick enough for steel shot (size 3 and smaller) in IC/Mod?
Any help would be great!

Thanks!!!

Greg

I don't know about the single trigger, as I never buy single trigger side by sides..........

As far as the barrels go, the new ones just posted within the last week at Cabela's all have 5 choke tubes that come with the guns...12, 16 and 20......imported by IAC, Billerica, MA. - (Interstate Arms Corp.).....

I just bought a new Dickinson DT 28" 16 GA from them, to go with my DT S & W 20 GA, and the barrels are thick enough for steel or anything else you want to shoot through them .....

Here's some pictures of the new choke tube muzzle on my 16.....In my opinion they did a really nice job with these choke tubes, very sanitary set up with a slight flush recess and ABSOLUTELY NO BARREL BULGE.........friction spanner wrench to insert and change the choke tubes, nice set up I think.......

Sorry, still covered in packing grease and lint......

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not sure about the new Dickinson model but I heard mixed reviews on the STs back when they were imported by S&W. I'd prefer the double for sure. Why are you interested in the ST?

I like those chokes. Very clean looking and attractive.

Adam

Sidelock
Sidelock

When you get it all unpacked and cleaned up how about some more pics Doug?

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
When you get it all unpacked and cleaned up how about some more pics Doug?

Jerb, here's the pictures of the new 16 that I promised you on the PM....gun is cleaned up and ready to go.....

I included some pictures of the choke system and associated tool and also some pictures of the Southgate ejector spring removal so you could see that as well......I personally don't care for ejectors and it's simple to pull the springs and put them back in should you want too..........

Best Regards,

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice

Sidelock
Sidelock

Impressive. IMO, they isn't a better new SXS available for that kind of money.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Blued barrels, not black chrome. Nice case colors. Appears from the available photos to have a long slender fore-end. The appearance of the guns the Turks build just keep getting better and better.

Have you checked for barrel regulation yet, Doug?

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 12/01/12 12:16 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not yet Stan, just detailed it out today and took my time inspecting, cleaning and waxing -- EEZOXing etc.......

It sure is a sweet handling gun, the quality and balance are outstanding IMO........

Doug

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.