April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Roundsworth, graybeardtmm3, barrel browner, j7l2, Ducks Rx, 1 invisible), 451 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,478
Posts545,199
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

ivans;

Because of the help provided by Mr Furman ( of this BBS) the chart is available via e-mail. I don't know how to import it to this site. I'm better at gunstocks than computers. If you will contact me at thestockdr@riflemag.com I will send it to you.

Dennis Earl Smith/Benefactor Life NRA, ACGG Professional member
ivans Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

DES/TSD
thank you. I just sent you an email.

ivans Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

to pokslok
where is this chart from? Could you mention the source?

Sidelock
Sidelock

To all who asked for the chart. Frustration reigns right now. I have not been able to successfully complete the transfer of the information. Last night, after several different attempts and variations of transfer methods, I become unable to comply to the requests. The e-mail addresses given were all returned undeliverable. I believe machines do have it in for me!

The PDF file came through great! Thanks David Furman. I have been unable to forward them. Something is blocking this for some reason in MY computer. Still trying to get it done. I have three deadlines in the shop to meet and so please be patient. I will get it sent ASAP

Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: ivans
to pokslok
where is this chart from? Could you mention the source?

Hi Ivans. I have made the chart and the drawings based on Valmet dimensioning chart and on an other chart from unknown source. Values in the both charts are quite near to each other.

Last edited by pokslok; 03/08/07 01:07 PM.
ivans Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

to pokslok

thanks. I cheked this chart on my shotgun and found it (chart) very realistic.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have sent out several e-mails today with the chart. If you have not gotten the chart, please let me know. Several of the e-mails have been returned multiple times. I do not know why. I am persistant though.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Figured out have to change it to an image and post it!! (probably means I have too much spare time at work)

Someone mentioned a copyright issue, if this violates some copyright law I would be happy to take this down, but it seems that this might help out with the issues above

Last edited by David Furman; 03/09/07 11:49 AM.
ivans Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

it looks very interesting. But here the main sense of the topic is missed - dependence between shooter dimensions and stock dimensions is absent.

Sidelock
Sidelock

ivans;

This chart was made for reference material. The shooter's physical dimensions provide information to the stocker, because of experience and conversation with the client, providing an accurate starting point in which to build a stock.

The factory dimensions are listed in the chart for starting reference points only. Stock dimensions can be changed depending on the whole chart. I guess the best that can be said is that the chart is a tool not a crystal ball. Experience in fitting and shooting helps the stocker identify potential problems and seek solutions to them.
Since you are an idividual unique and special, your stock will not be the same as the one I need.

If you are refering to the medical anatomical science of proportions,in relation to fitting a gunstock, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. My measurment from finger to elbow is 12 1/2". I shoot rifle at 13 5/8" LOP and Shotgun at 14" LOP. If you followed the strict rule of anatomy I should shoot all guns at 12 1/2" LOP

That rule doesn't hold true for myself. In some shooters it does. I am not the exception to the rule. The factory European shotgun LOP is usually one inch longer than the American LOP. Most Americans are rifle shooters and shoot their shotguns the same way. The style of shooting does make a difference in how the chart is applied to stock dimensions. The physical dimensions help identify special needs to consider in building the stock. All factors are put together to make a complete package. The proof of success is a happy client.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.