March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Southern Sport), 860 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

There are very few new guns to my awareness which now offer a ribless option. The Perazzi HPX (which can be specc'd to 34" barrels) has no mid-rib (i.e. between the two barrels of an over and under) but other than that, it is very rare to see this.

Of the orders for the new Boxall O/U, I am led to believe a number have been for the ribless (no top rib) option, so clearly there is good interest. I shot both prototypes - ribbed and ribless and preferred the latter, both from a handling perspective, but also from an aesthetics viewpoint.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Does anyone know what they are charging for the ribless barrels?

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice gun! And UG, you're very fortunate to have woodcock around so late. Here in northern WI, our season ends the first week of Nov. But this year, I moved my last woodcock about 10 days before the season ended. They'd all headed south. However, hard to complain, because the leaves came down early and the woodcock hunting was pretty consistently good from the start of the season until they all left.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Builder, the Boss rib option is a ridiculous $700. I asked Lou and Tony whether there was a chance they could change that. When I got my invoice it was still $700. It's going to be a rare gun that has that option if they don't change the price. Of course, it would also help if they would include it in their option list. Murphy

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Nice gun! And UG, you're very fortunate to have woodcock around so late. Here in northern WI, our season ends the first week of Nov. But this year, I moved my last woodcock about 10 days before the season ended. They'd all headed south. However, hard to complain, because the leaves came down early and the woodcock hunting was pretty consistently good from the start of the season until they all left.

I was out with a client today and my Llewellin, Sydney, pointed two woodcock (season closed Nov 15th). Beautiful scene, birds flushed out against a blue sky....just like a Ripley painting. They better get a move on......winter weather is coming on!

Capt. O J Chartrand Jr
Adventure Guide Service
www.adventureguideservice.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.