Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good to see the RBL's success, but this is no McKay Brown gun and I'd be hacked to wait much over a year. I'm afraid that you chaps that have guns serial numbered in the high hundreds, will have another year + - at this rate.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I ordered in December 2005. I'll be satisfied if I have it September 15 of 2007. I bought a 28 ga. OU to tide me over this season.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If the RBL's went out of business tomorrow, how many of you would put yours in hand on the auction block that very same day - Hmmmmm?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Most of us would just be out the $ But the other 68 people would make a mint ....The RBL by CSMC, One of the rarest American Doubles ever, what a sales pitch !!!

Since CSMC is holding $2-3 million plus of our pre-paid money, I think they have a fuduciary responsibility to provide more information on a regular basis.

If it weren't for the prepaid aspect, they would be within their rights to not provide any info on their production. Having already taken money from hundreds of people,it seems they should be more communicative.

Jimmy W Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I know that Tony has a great reputation for his guns. But I am wondering, if he stops making them, will there be parts for repairs down the road? I'd hate to be someone who bought one and end up like one of the 349 people who bought a Ruger trap gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee....and I thought I just read today that the American public is now becoming significantly more optimistic on everything. You nay-sayers are just a bummer! I guess I just prefer to look at those half full glasses and I am more than prepared to take full accountability and responsibility for my part if it turns out to be half empty. What a bunch of whiners!

I went to the CSMC plant last week and spent the afternoon in their gunroom with Lou. They have 3 RBL's in the gunroom and they exceeded my expectations. I ordered mine in Dec. '05 and was told that I will probably get mine in Jan. or Feb.. They even took us back into the plant and showed us their machinery (I am no machinist but was impressed). The wood for the RBL's really exceeded my expectations. Lou did say that they are now shipping out 50 RBL's/week and it sounded like that will be the most per week that they are able to produce. Mine will be Ex. English wood, CC, 14 1/4", single trigger, straight grip, splinter. They would not say how many RBL orders they have as of now. The friend that I went with ordered one last week and was told that the wait would be about 2 years. The wait for my RBL will definately be worth the wait!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee .... Bob. That would also put them in the same boat as the thousands of us who own unique, hand made guns from the UK, Germany, etc. A quality gun maker can build almost any part to repair one of these guns. I have no doubt they will handle an RBL just as effectively 5-10-or 50 years from now. What I find most amusing is reading the ever more obsessive criticism from those who did not or will not order an RBL. You certainly need not worry about justifying such a decision to those of us who did. I think I'll stop reading RBL threads and simply enjoy a nicely made, American, 20 bore SxS. All the best, Joe

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob, I don't think it's a case of whiners as much as customers expecting promises to be kept and being kept informed of any departures from the norm, standard business practises. We don't need to look far to see the consequences of manufacturers who were cavalier in meeting those responsibilities---and the manufacturers who took their places.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.