Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

If a guy cheats on his wife, 3 things happen:

1) the guilt overwhelms him, and he fesses up "because it's the right thing" to do, even though he didn't get caught

2) she catches him, he feels honestly guilty, and works to make his marriage better

3) she catches him, he thinks 'oh crap, she's getting the house and the bank accounts and a % of my paycheck'.

I think Zumbo sees this hitting his pocketbook.

Hunting is a dying sport. The number of hunters is declining, yet gun ownership is up. Gander Mountian is now selling "sporting tactical rifles" or as Zumbo says "terrorist rifles." Outdoor Life will HAVE to feature AR's and pistols to keep their subscritptions up. The sooner these guys realize this, the better off they'll be.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, your points are valid. I can't speak for other than myself but if I were fighting for my professional life I wouldn't write such a cloying, touchy-feely letter. It weakened him. The woodshed, bifocal and blinder touches don't cut it when you've defecated on a bunch of heads. For a writer of national following, it's very peculiar. Mr. Zumbo was either an amiable good ole boy all along, not given to critical thinking, or a man in trouble. I prefer to think the latter but reserve judgment.

The Zumbo affair has already been argued, examined, explained, blamed, apologized, condemned, beaten and trampled into mush in other threads...when will it stop? Zumbo-trashing threads remind me of elementary school days when playground bullies tried to show how tough they were by kicking the kids who were already down.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I sure hate to see a man lose his job for making a stupid comment, but as King says, "Happens Everyday". In a way, I kind of feel sorry for him, but in a big way, I really don't. His letter reminds me of the days of "Slick Willie" Clinton, and his way of admitting he had done wrong and just wanting to "move on" and pretend nothing ever happened. I personally see through his letter and big fat check. Doesn't fool me.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am sad about the whole deal.
We fight for our rights too hard, to have this type of damage done so easily.
The future is modern and ever changing.
Apology accepted, but don't expect the roses to smel the same Jim Zumbo.
The bed bugs are going to bite for a long time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.