May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Stanton Hillis, Argo44, 1 invisible), 499 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,507
Posts545,626
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 57 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 56 57
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi Bob, we've not seen the influx of people here in the Central part of the state.....yet!!! But I know the Dickinson area has seen there fair share. This oil is a blessing and a curse, but I'm leaning more curse.

BTW, how do you rent a dog for the day without a handler?

Good Luck!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't! Nor do I take folks hunting for a fee. Depending on the call and my feeling about the caller, I have asked some if they wanted to join me.

If I do, I take them to the blocks. I am very leery about taking strangers on to private property I have access to, even though I could.

To date, those I have extended invitations to have been good fellows. One wanted to head for town and a bar rather early in the day, so I took him back to his rig so that he could do what he wanted by himself.

The majority of these guys are OK. They are just Joes trying to save their homes and keep their families together back where they come from. I have no doubt that the nation's unemployment is well into the mid to high teens from what I hear and see from these fellows.

However, like anywhere where there is money, the not so good have come here too. Pimps, whores, crack heads, drug pushers, thieves and such. They are predators and one has to be cautious.

I understand from one of our deputies that the Sheriff has issued over 900 concealed carry permits since the 1st of the year to townspeople.

We used to have only an occasional DUI or open container problem reported in the local paper. Now it is every thing from kidnap and rape to beatings, shootings and robberies. A week ago tomorrow two guys were beaten so badly in a bar fight that one died at the hospital.

But as I said, for the most part these are just folks trying to get around the economic problems back home.

Slipped across the road for an hour after lunch. That's an Edwin Cane, rather unusual gun........it has not missed a bird since i bought it four years ago. I only use her once or twice a year, but still, very unusual.

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

My cousin lives across the border from you in Williston and he tells me the same horror stories. I'm afraid that when this is over we will be worse off than before.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I saw an Edwin Cane at the Fall Southern SxS this weekend. Kirby Hoyt had it, and I believe sold it. It was a very nice gun with great engraving.

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Matt,

That gun is, or maybe was, mine too. The other half of a set (well, of two that I bought), but she has sleeved barrels so I chose to sell her. She too, is a deadly shooter.

Kirby has a Stephen Grant sidelever I want so your post may be good news. He will of course have to sell at least one more of the guns I have with him first.

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Almost forgot the spring birds:

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

RCC,

I handled that Grant sidelever Sunday afternoon. It was one of the guns there that really appealed to me. She is a beauty.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I know that I don't need another gun. I know that at 70, I should be backing out of the preposterous number I have and get down to one.

But someone like Kirby is always shoving one into my hands that they know I can't resist. He brought that Grant out after dinner one night in June and I felt the merry-go-round start up again.

I did vow though, that the only way I would buy her would be with funds from other guns in the safes.

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

F&F that's a good looking LC. Were the barrels refinished?

Page 25 of 57 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.