May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 574 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,604
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 57 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 56 57
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all, went out today solo for a bit (Will was working cows and Jim had a ton of homework). Was able to limit out with the help of my beloved Duchess. Had to fish one bird out the creek and the one in the middle must be a punk rooster.

I was using my 12b Joseph Harkom & Son today....Love those hammerguns!!!

Best!!!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

My veteran cousin came out today to hunt. He was dis-abled in Afgan from a roadside bomb (third tour). Because of my sprained left leg all I could do is stand in my bay window and watch him do his best with his dog. He hunted about half of my swamp and got his bird. Good job Sgt. Cody!

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good to hear he was able to get a bird! Had to work all weekend moving to a new office and getting my winterization done at home for my stock tank, hay, and my poultry sheds.

Aussie
Unregistered
Aussie
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: 2holer
Aussie....that looks like a 626..wish I hadn't sold mine.

2holer....You have the maker right but it is a model 471

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
My veteran cousin came out today to hunt. He was dis-abled in Afgan from a roadside bomb (third tour). Because of my sprained left leg all I could do is stand in my bay window and watch him do his best with his dog. He hunted about half of my swamp and got his bird. Good job Sgt. Cody!

Good for you Joel!!!! Glad your wounded warrior cousin was able to get out and get some shooting. My hats off to him as well as my heartfelt thanks and respect for his service to our great nation! Without guys like him,we would not be sitting here on this forum discussing guns and hunting....we wouldn't have either one. Next time you see him, shake his hand and thank him for me.

Hope your leg heals soon...need to get back out there.

All the best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Always good to hear success stories of wounded soldiers. Our freedoms in the Uplands would not be there if it wasn't continually protected by those who serve.

Good dogs make up for hard weather and leery birds.

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Next time I see him handshakes from everyone here on the forum will be forthcoming. He will have those two steel rods implanted in his back the rest of his life.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
Next time I see him handshakes from everyone here on the forum will be forthcoming. He will have those two steel rods implanted in his back the rest of his life.

Thanks Joel!!!

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Good show Bob!!! Odd thing about this season, early on the birds were spooky, now they seemed to have settled down and are holding a bit better.

I think we've seen the last of the fair weather hunters around here after this weekend. Folks are gearing up for deer in 2 weeks.

Good Show!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Perhaps the fair weather hunters are done for the year there, but up here in the "patch" all of these thousands of oil workers are all over every block management area, from Plentywood to Froid.

I have never seen so many folks in the fields in all the years I have been here.

I visited with three groups last week when I went up to Froid to hunt with a landowner I am friends with. They had two birds among 14 hunters, stark proof of the value of a good dog, which they had none.

Housing up here for these folks is either man camps or camper trailers, neither of which accommodates keeping a dog.

I must get five or six calls a week on the kennel phone from folks wanting to know if I rent or lease a dog by the day.

bc
Page 24 of 57 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.