March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (LRF, bsteele, David Williamson, Ted Schefelbein), 826 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 57 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 56 57
Sidelock
Sidelock

I finally have something to post! 1951 uggie sidelock (new to me) and a limit of roosters. It just doesn't get any better than that!
CHAZ

I guess Kaiser helped too. We met a guy on our way out with our two birds who was hunting without a dog. I asked "do you want to shoot some pheasants?" Amazingly enough he did, and he had a great time as well.

CHAZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow, what a thread for so early in the year!

He is my 5 month old setter Bandit last weekend.

Last edited by Tim Frazier; 10/25/12 04:00 PM.

"Not all who wander are Lost"
-Hoppie 14'
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all, went out today and tried an area were we've done well in the past...well the past is the past! Didn't do squat, got up some hens and that's it. So I decided to try around my area and limited out in one of the shortest times I can remember....20 minutes. I hunted an old creek bottom that's by a cut corn field. This place is way off the beaten path, the only way to it is either thru the corn field (and the farmers yard) or by a banged up prairie trail. Got there and Duchess went on a point 20 yds from the truck, that was the first one, two more points within 50 yrds and that's all she wrote.

Anyway, I was using my 12ga GDR made Buhag "Hubertius" It was a good day!

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wish I could have made it. I got to freeze my butt off over at Spiritwood. Looks like old Duchess did well!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Loving all these pictures, especially the ones with dogs. They all look good but as a setter guy, Tim, I have to say I have sure seen that look before.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: wburns
Looks like old Duchess did well!

Duchess better get a good nights sleep tonight. She has work to do in the morning at my place again. laugh

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg,

I have enjoyed all your posted pics, particularly with the boys and their bags, but the one of the gun & game that you posted earlier this afternoon may be one of the best framed near perfect pics that I have ever seen. Perhaps it is because of the engraving perfectly matched to the quarry. In any case, it is quite a remarkable photograph that does both the gun's execution and the game taken with a wonderful balance.

Thanks for sharing these with us. And thanks to all the other gun & game posters as well! Certainly makes for some enjoyable veiwing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think most of the pics this year are perfect for either a calendar or the cover of a magazine. smile They remind me of the days of my youth when I looked at all my uncle's outdoor magazines.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tim Frazier
Wow, what a thread for so early in the year!

He is my 5 month old setter Bandit last weekend.

Tim,is that one of your M-17's hiding behind the birds?? Gil

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tw
Greg,

I have enjoyed all your posted pics, particularly with the boys and their bags, but the one of the gun & game that you posted earlier this afternoon may be one of the best framed near perfect pics that I have ever seen. Perhaps it is because of the engraving perfectly matched to the quarry. In any case, it is quite a remarkable photograph that does both the gun's execution and the game taken with a wonderful balance.

Thanks for sharing these with us. And thanks to all the other gun & game posters as well! Certainly makes for some enjoyable veiwing.

Thanks so much tw!!! I don't know what to say, what a wonderful complement. I assure you that my photographic skills are lacking, guess I just lucked out on this one. I did pick the side that shows pheasants and not the ducks on purpose, so I did think that one out.

I'm trying each time to get good pics and try to improve.

These digital cameras are a far cry than my trusty Brownie!

Thanks again, I'm humbled!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Page 20 of 57 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.