March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (canvasback, Ken Nelson, Dan S. W., Marc Ret, SKB, 1 invisible), 799 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A while back someone listed another gun selling site that was recommended as a replacement for the new-improved piece-of-crap GunsAmerica... I don't what an Auction site, just a straight sale site.(I know I can use Dave's site here but I'm not selling doubles..)

Last edited by Doug Waterman; 03/06/07 12:57 AM.

Add me to the list of former GA users who are furious over the trashing of that site by its owner. Before the "improvements" I used to check it once a day to see whether any guns of the type I am interested in had been listed. After the big change, I became so frustrated that I decided that I would only try to search it once or twice a week. So, of course, two weeks ago I found a gun that I wanted a lot--- but I found it one day too late. Another buyer had beaten me to it.

It is my understanding that there are two new brokerage sites in the works. One is supposed to appear very soon, the other sometime in April. I am really hoping that these new sites bury the new GA. That is the fate it deserves.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Try this on GA:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/OldHomepage.aspx
Saying the truth the Old GA Home Page was a real mess.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I must admit, when GunsAmerica first changed over to their new format, I was very frustrated and came close to throwing in the towel. However, I have continued to visit the site and have learned to get around as well as I did with the old format. There are even a couple of small improvements. I guess if I put forth the same amount of effort, I could learn to turn our T.V. off and on and change the channels without my wife's help!

LCSMITH
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's not as bad as it was, but I much preferred the old format with its multitude of search categories. Like learning to walk with a pebble in my shoe, I can manage but have to walk funny to get around. In any case, sure beats the old pre-internet days of gun shopping. Oh well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The site is not entirely user friendly but is navigable with some effort. They do have some glitches which they seem to be having trouble ironing out. Their biggest problem is that when a gun is listed it does not always appear if you are searching a general category, eg. Ithaca, Parker, etc. There also seems to be a problem in removing a gun once it is sold. Expiring the listing after so many days is probably a step in the right direction. I think that the drawback to starting an alternative "classified" or "brokerage" site is how do you get your money. I am sure that GA does not get all the money due them under the honor system.

The photos are too small - you can't see anything well enough to determine a gun's condition. The new format sucks, IMHO.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

A bit off topic, but when did 'sucks' change from profane to colloquial? It left the jobsite and now frequents all converstion. Most of you guys are old enough to know what the word really means.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hansli,
I teach middle school science. Image trying to convince the students of today not to use that language without going into too much detail as to the reason. Even some of my younger co-workers use the term frequently. Such is the evolution of language I guess.
But we digress....
Back to trashing GA.
Lou M

If it weren't for the wonder of electricity, you'd be reading this post by candle light!
Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks that way, Lou, but we're all at or near a certain age long gone from middle or jr. high school.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.