April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Mark II, Kolar Dickson, Der Ami, 1 invisible), 950 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,110
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck, she may have shot a Beretta auto for years, but the photo spread on the NBC site shows her shooting Perazzis when she appears to be about twelve years old. I guess we could ask her what guns she shot other than Perazzis and when.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some top sporting clay shooters get several new guns given to them each year by their sponsor. I have a friend who is given 2 or 3 K-80s each year. He is free to sell them, use them or do whatever he wants with them.

Shells are sometimes free, too. And thousands a year in expense money to enter shoots and for lodging and meals.

As was said above, it doesn't really cost the sponsoring company, it pays them. But, the shooters have to produce wins to earn these percs.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Kim was on one of the Outdoor Channel shows for awhile and quit to practice for the 2008 Olympics. Some shot, and to see her shoot and to watch when she opens the gun and catches the empties.

I believe her only contribution, which is the greatest, is her practice time. I'm sure shells and gear are supplied by various sponsers.

Last edited by JDW; 07/30/12 05:36 PM.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
750 rounds per day, 7 days a week works out to 273,000 rounds per year.

Perazzis can take a pounding better than most, but after a couple years, there can't be too many original parts left on that gun (other than the stock perhaps).

I have had a few 250-300 round days and was happy to call it a day. I guess 750 +/- rounds may be typical for a dove shoot in SA, but even then most don't shoot that volume for more than 3-4 days. I wonder what it does to her physically to take that kind of recoil on a daily basis for years and years?

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

They had her on Today this morning - a nice piece like they're doing for all the medal winners. She came across really well.

She wouldn't admit to crying during the anthem when the host tried to back her into it....

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

She was shooting a Perazzi in Atlanta in 1996. It was stolen, and she was given another (or bought another). She said it took some getting used to but continued to shoot it even after her original gun was recovered.

She set an Olympic record, 99/100.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was amazed and happy that the USA Today paper actually devoted more than a half page covering Kim's accomplishment. Plus, beneath that coverage was a very good article about shooters in general. I was stunned by their meaningful and unbiased reporting.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Doverham
Quote:
750 rounds per day, 7 days a week works out to 273,000 rounds per year.

Perazzis can take a pounding better than most, but after a couple years, there can't be too many original parts left on that gun (other than the stock perhaps).

I have had a few 250-300 round days and was happy to call it a day. I guess 750 +/- rounds may be typical for a dove shoot in SA, but even then most don't shoot that volume for more than 3-4 days. I wonder what it does to her physically to take that kind of recoil on a daily basis for years and years?

I was told that the Army uses Perazzis on their shooting teams and that they have documented well over a million rounds through an individual gun.

The pounding that Kim's body takes is even more astounding to me than the gun. I have shot 1625 shells in a day, 1000 of those in three hours, 7/8 oz. loads. Although I experienced no ill effects from the recoil, except a slight headache, I can't even imagine the cumulative effect of doing it days, weeks and months on end. Four days at a time is aplenty for me.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A couple of points:

Kim is a great woman and a great shooter.

There is no option in International Skeet.

Yesterday, watching Fox & Friends, they had a long segment on the Olympics, showing many / most of the medal winners (and losers), but not one word about Kim's extraordinary achievement!

Rob

NRA Benefactor Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Makes me wonder---Where were all the girls like Kim when I was young and good looking? A woman like that would be worth the cost of ammunition to keep her happy.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.