April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (j7l2, 2 invisible), 870 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,834
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry JDW,
I tried to ignore Ted but he was having none of it...he even did his best to call me out saying "Still waiting, Robert" and if I've got the "the seeds to do that on a public forum".

The last time Ted decided to defend someone it went viral...He was trying to defend Brittany Spears, and rightfully so, but I thought I might save Churchill from a similar rant he made about Brittany...see.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Holy Cats! Ted, do you have to be so emotional?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now that was funny, Robert!...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Geo,
But I would truly like to ask a question to you and the other academics who read, no, reply to these posts. Does everyone understand the tremendous price we all pay for allowing that type of posting to dominate conversation? Less than 2/3rds of the members ever post...why? Because many don't want to get jammed by people like Ted3000. They don't want the sideways, bold faced racial slurs hurled at them by rabbit "tar baby" (news flash rabbit...I'm not black...where were you when Chris sent out the memo c2001) It's a wonder this system hasn't been sued because of openly racist jammers like rabbit. It was a mistake for me to allow the readers to assume that I was black for the first two years. I can't even remember why I did..

I just cited evidence of a previously unknown factory made Fox, if any of those silent two thirds have a 1907 Philadelphia Fox with unusaul mechanicals, and now is the time to post, do you think they will?

If the one third who does post wanted only clarification and decided to ask ...is that why I'm having trouble finding parts for my 1908 Philly? They are not likely to post because the thread has been jammed by rabbit6000 and Ted3000...everybody loses...everybody

I ask again...Does everyone understand the tremendous price we all pay for allowing that type of posting to dominate conversation?

Not ted and rabbit, we already know what you think ! Now you can go back and edit your racial slur, rabbit, but I took a photo of your post, and I'll post it if you deny it (post #289738 - Today at 12:22 PM )

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 08/19/12 10:08 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't make too much of my post Robert. It was funny, but rather at the expense of a member here who has indeed offered much to the forum. Ted is a good guy and so is Rabbit in my estimation.

Robert has much to offer here if we can "all just get along". I truly hope that can happen...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

The idea that rabbit is racist or intended a post as a racist slur is ludicrous. As a former importer of Darne's, Ted is the board's resident Darne expert. I could say more that's favorable to both of them, but it's just not necessary.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

In West African folk stories, the tar baby was a character made of wax, gum, or tar, who proposed to trap, entangle and engulf a man. Poor old Joel Chandler Harris didn't know that Michelle Bachman would get stuck in a "tar baby" of her own devising, to wit, the revenge of the "code"-sensitive PC police on someone who appears to be slurring her races. He would have understood that there are situational tarbabies (for instance the subjective appreciation of gun art) and human tarbabies. Just as the subjective experience of art ain't black nor white, neither is the encounter with a human tar baby. I have no doubt that Robt. has more to contribute than malicious gossip; I don't hold out much hope that he will.

The more you struggle the further you get stuck in. Remember.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jay,

Geoffrey Gornet is the board's resident Darne expert. You would know that if Ted3000 would give his keyboard a rest...and that racial slur is exactly what rabbit intended even if it was double entendre...tar baby does have another meaning...touch it, and you'll get tar all over you...but that was certainly not his intention or he wouldn't have even posted.

Why are you covering for this insensitive racist? Why didn't you say it was ludicrous for rabbit to use this term in this day and age when impressionable young kids could read and easily misinterpret the postings at this system?

You tell me Jay...what's more ludicrous, calling out a racist, or covering for one?

No more goose piling, let rabbit and Ted3000 defend themselves

Sidelock
Sidelock

Master rabbit,
You can't simply edit your post and apologize for still using this racially charged term? Not even for the people who allow you to flap your racist mouth on their bullitin system

Sorry rabbit...I do not understand...please explain what a "Human tar baby" is? Explain it so even Jay can understand

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 08/19/12 11:22 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here we go again, Robert is back! tired

Sidelock
Sidelock

Robert, I'm well acquainted with rabbit outside of this board. I don't defend racism.

You seize on snippets of posts and create delusional, self-justifying fantasies.

Jay

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.