May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, Ian Forrester, Jimmy W, 3 invisible), 256 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,156
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll bet Mike McIntosh is having a good smile wherever he might be right now. Just delicious irony that the man who helped us here to discover good English doubles, yet retained his Father's model 12, and it turns up going across the pond to merry England.
What a delightful story. Do use that gun in the very best of health, Mr. Bailey.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is a great story!!!! smile
Mike, what ever you do release the trigger after each shot, or a big surprise is coming!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Forgive me for asking but I'm trying to learn. I just bought my 1st model 12 (1916 mfg.) about a month ago. I haven't had time to even shoot it yet. What is the "big surprise" if you hold the trigger after each shot?

thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Slamfire!...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

It don't have a sear disconnector, it'll fire when you slam the bolt home unless you turn that tigger aloose.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ted, it´s actually in Spain with me. I am going to take it clay shooting next week as I haven´t had the chance to try it yet and another chap on here mentions the cartidge in the mag is meant to protrude a little so I will see. I am lucky enough to have the shooting rights (along with two mates) to an estate in Devon in the UK and we have two big days in November. I want to take that Model 12 along with me and everyone can have a go with it. My two partners are both American. Can you imagine the gamekeepers and the Estate managers eyes when I pitch up with a pump for a driven shoot !!! It will be priceless. I will have to find a magazine plug though ! best, Mike (p.s. can any UK members of this forum tell me what the form is on a 6 shot pump as regards a plug ?) thx in advance

Sidelock
Sidelock

Plugs are easy to make out of a piece of wood like an old round broom handle. Also, it’s easy to disguise a Model 12 as a double. Just take it down and put the two halves in a leg-of-mutton case. They’ll never know the difference.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You fart smellers correct me IIW and I know you will but I have three model 12s and near as I can tell, there is nary a one in which the base of the last shell is held flush with the end of the mag tube as in say an Ithaca 37. In every one of mine the base of shell is held in place by the forward part of the lifter and protrudes from the mag tube. I've shot countless rounds of skeet with one in particular (a composite gun with Barnes barrel and them chock tubs that the fellers on the old Shotgun Sports board were always talking about). I've always loaded this way; never had a slamfire UNLESS I intended to do so (trigger held); never had feeding problems. What pray tell am I doing wrong?

I have a second m12 skeet gun so marked and have had trouble with the "wishbone" on the side of the bolt clearing em out of the chamber. I replaced the ejector and it still stovepipes the empties occasionally. These are the ones I always toss in the bushes (emphatically)particularly if it acts up on the first shot of double stations.

I have a third "factory" skeet with a plain barrel and a Cutts collet choker on the bizend; a nice gun and little use but a bit muzzle heavy. Enuf rambling a la my hero Francis. To the OP, you better read the wonderful MMc short story "Knowing How, Knowing When" if you haven't already. Old man McI figures prominently in that one, but the gun du jour is I believe a Remmy 31. Foxy will know.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah, I see Post Oak got there first. And I thought youse guys were all asleep.

jack

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.