May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (R Reynolds, CJ Dawe, battle, bsteele, LGF, Bill Davis), 853 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,497
Posts545,398
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Thieves, whores, and liars, all of them.

Sadly this is true on both sides of the aisle. If Obamacare is repealed it will be replaced by some equally useless, unfair and ineffective program. Or replaced by nothing, which is just as bad.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Fin2Feather
....If Obamacare is repealed it will be replaced by some equally useless, unfair and ineffective program. Or replaced by nothing, which is just as bad.

Well if the dems aren't gonna repeal it them it must be the republicans who're unfair. It would be a very short list of 'bad' things if it was replaced by nothing, but I believe the right had the Ryan plan. What's your plan and how many nonexistent tax dollars will need to be printed or borrowed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: Fin2Feather
....If Obamacare is repealed it will be replaced by some equally useless, unfair and ineffective program. Or replaced by nothing, which is just as bad.

Well if the dems aren't gonna repeal it them it must be the republicans who're unfair. It would be a very short list of 'bad' things if it was replaced by nothing, but I believe the right had the Ryan plan. What's your plan and how many nonexistent tax dollars will need to be printed or borrowed.

It's pretty clear that doing nothing is not the answer. I guess you see something or someone you're willing to trust; good for you. I haven't seen it on either side.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

They are almost all crooked morons. I'll give Obama credit for trying to do something, but I just don't like what he has done, nor do I care for the way he rammed it through the legislative process without adequate review or disclosure. If Obamacare gets repealed, we still need to fix a lot of things related to our health insurance and health care systems. Those are two separate but related systems. The solutions go way beyond those two systems, and include factors such as tort reform, border control, state insurance restrictions and regulation, allowable scope of services for medical and dental professionals, the federal and state tax codes, the orientation of the NLRB, and the list goes on. We need an integrated approach to solving this problem and the legislators seem incapable of thinking rationally or on a macro scale. There is way too much ass covering and posturing at the federal level for the problem to be solved any time soon. Obamacare is not the solution, but we may be stuck with it anyway. Suboptimized more because of politics than because of economics. Crap. A pox on both houses.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Right you are. And both sides are so locked into their ideology that neither is willing to step back and do what's necessary to move things forward.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They are almost all crooked morons. I'll give Obama credit for trying.....

....include factors such as tort reform, border control, state insurance restrictions and regulation, allowable scope of services for medical and dental professionals, the federal and state tax codes, the orientation of the NLRB, and the list goes on. We need an integrated approach to solving this problem and the legislators seem incapable of thinking rationally....

Most if not all of the 'factors' can be fixed for free through legislation not taxation. I do not blindly subscribe that it's broken. We have the best healthcare in the world. If given a stack of stats on how great things are somewhere else, I know where I'd prefer to get sick or more importantly where I'd want my wife to get medical attention.

There's an underlying implication that we need more money, and a panel of smart folks who decide how to spend it. 'Allowable scope of services', are you sure if that's legislated, things would be better.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Most if not all of the 'factors' can be fixed for free through legislation not taxation. I do not blindly subscribe that it's broken. We have the best healthcare in the world. If given a stack of stats on how great things are somewhere else, I know where I'd prefer to get sick or more importantly where I'd want my wife to get medical attention.

There's an underlying implication that we need more money, and a panel of smart folks who decide how to spend it. 'Allowable scope of services', are you sure if that's legislated, things would be better.

If you don't realize that the system is broken, then you are not paying enough attention. I never said nor implied that it needs to be fixed through (additional) taxation, but the current tax code is an impediment to reforming the health care system. They are already collecting plenty of our tax money, but they are not spending it efficiently. We have some of the best health care in the world, but it is not THE best (see comparative data on infant mortality, for example). The fact that not all of our outcomes are at the top of the heap is not necessarily the fault of the system. Many of the problems, especially re chronic disease patterns, are directly related to lifestyle choices by the population, whether conscious or unconscious. Health education is part of the solution, just like controlling the borders is part of the solution. No single factor will fix the system. I'm not talking about "how great things are somewhere else," but rather how much better things could be here if the government got its head out of its ass and screwed it on straight. If the government were a patient, the diagnosis would be acute cranial-anal impaction. There is no "underlying implication that we need more money, and a panel of smart folks who decide how to spend it," at least not coming from me. We need to do a better job of allocating the financial and other resources that we already have, and "smart people" are probably best equipped to do that. Re "allowable scope of services," I am absolutely sure that if scope of service and related payment issues were refined, that we would have a more efficient delivery system. Just as you don't need an electrical engineer to replace a blown circuit breaker, you don't need a board certified surgeon to diagnose and treat a common cold.

Re your comment "Most if not all of the 'factors' can be fixed for free through legislation not taxation." I agree, but a large component of the problem is that the politicians who could fix much of this through legislation are neither smart enough nor honest enough to get it done.

Sidelock
Sidelock

... but a large component of the problem is that the politicians who could fix much of this through legislation are neither smart enough nor honest enough to get it done.

Oh, I think they're smart enough. Smart enough to do what's best for themselves. Now, honest enough? That's another matter.

Sidelock
Sidelock

With very few exceptions, they are not smart (i.e., informed) enough to grasp the nuances of the systems, because they have never worked within the health care or health insurance systems, and have not taken the time to immerse themselves in the details. Even if they did that, many don't have the innate intelligence to synthesize the data into useful information and action plans. This is compounded by the myriad of personal and political agendas that they are pursuing. Few, if any, actually have the best interests of the country and the electorate in mind. Some of the most intelligent people I have ever worked with have been in health care, but their intelligence did not give them the ability to fix the parts of the system that they had no experience in. The clinicians often do not understand the business and the business guys do not understand the clinical aspects. And the government relations people only understand politics.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Your point is well taken. They're smart enough if they would apply it correctly; I agree that most don't or won't. You are spot on that politics, personal agendas, and pleasing their special interests take precedence over what's best for the people and the country.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.