May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Argo44, smlekid, KDGJ), 527 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,499
Posts545,460
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#283257 06/30/12 06:07 PM
Black and Tan
Unregistered
Black and Tan
Unregistered

I have one of the RBL Launch 20 bores with tubes. I have used it on skeet (with the skeet and IC tubes) with no major issues. I tried it on sporting clays and a round of "skrap" (with the Full and IM tubes) and found that I was missing birds that I knew damned well should have broken. These were mostly 35-40 yard birds. 2 of us got together for a pattern plate party at our range and low and behold the RBL is shooting its pattern centers about 12-18" low at 25 yards, regardless of choke tube used or the shooter doing the testing. Any thoughts on options other than selling the bloody thing or going through another dance with the people at CSMC? I do not love it enough to spend much money trying to put it right, but I also don't feel right about selling someone this contraption.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Randy,
There are at least a couple ways to change the POI.

The quickest is to actually bend the barrels believe it or not. Bending the stock is another.

Black and Tan
Unregistered
Black and Tan
Unregistered

Thanks, Chuck. We were discussing bending the barrels. I live about 5 miles from Griffin & Howe. Do you think that they would/could do it properly? If not do you have any recommendations for a smith in the East?

Sidelock
Sidelock

One of my shooting pals bought the same exact gun brand new about 5 years ago and had the same piss-poor patterning problems- he sent it back for a refund or exchange, but Galazan "reworked" it somehow and *&^%$# it up ever more- so now he calls his the "Lunch edition" instead of the "Launch" edition= as he gets violently ill and loses his lunch whenever he sees it in his gun safe--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

First of all I would try this to confirm your ideas

http://www.cabelas.com/stocks-grips-accessories-cabelas-leather-cheek-pad.shtml

Good luck
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sometimes simply putting a tiny front bead into place works for a gun shooting low.
The shooter has a tendency to bring the muzzle up a bit higher. Same as if a rifle front sight was too short, it shoots too high. Something you need in this case.
Doesn't always work. Depends on the shooter, his/her style, sight picture (or not!) ect.
Worth a try. Maybe try it on clay birds w/o a bead at all and see if you naturally point it a bit higher.
Just a thought before the bending process begins.

Black and Tan
Unregistered
Black and Tan
Unregistered

Thanks for the thoughts. First, RWTF and I have kindred views of the vendor's shop. I will try some layers of moleskin to see if that helps a la the Cabela's pad suggested by skeetx. My buddy and I were discussing the bead and I agree with Kutter that I need to try for an easy fix prior to surgery. I will advise when and if we fix it. Meanwhile, a happy 4th to all!

Sidelock
Sidelock

B&T,
My opinion: you should just get ahold of CSM and tell them the problem. If they fix it, it's warranteed. If anyone else does it and the ribs get loose, you have to cover it. The risk of loosening the ribs is low, but why not give CSM a chance to cover it on their nickel?

Last edited by Chuck H; 07/01/12 01:14 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Its a game gun not a target gun. Just point the barrels at the bird.

h
Sidelock
Sidelock

how about changing butt stock pitch?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.