March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (eightbore), 827 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

To save you the time of looking through the links, you can write to Rosalie directly at:

Rosalie Wise
246 Delaware Ave.
Harrington, DL 19952

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

'To the wise man all the world's a soil'

------ Ben Johnson

And so it was with our friend.

I'd been off hunting for a few days in some remote country and came back to cell phone civilization today to find a messg from WtS from Friday last. Had to just cry that one out about a hundred miles before I could even call back.

The friend I'd been hunting with has this note stuck inside their kitchen cabinet that says something to the effect of ...
'It ain't between them & me, never was. Its between me and God.' I don't do that justice, but Bill understood that as well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What an extraordinary man was Bill Wise. He suddenly and unfairly had to close his mind to other options but he very quickly learned that he could bring people together, and he exercised this talent in the most superlative way, for the good of others and without ceasing.

This is a blow. Though I never met him in person it brings me to tears. There are many places on this planet where Bill's influence will be missed.

-- R F

Sidelock
Sidelock

Self-pity is a trap into which it is so easy to descend when misfortune strikes. To face your adversity and grow stronger as a human being instead of diminishing takes real strength of character.

Tom & Jim Purdey one wrote "shoot to enjoy yourself and in such a way that you are a pleaure to shoot next to all day and you will find that you can shoot all your life and when you can no longer shoot, you will always be missed and your memory remain golden".

Bill's memory remains golden, to those who met him and those like me, who did not. a rare thing.

My condolences to brave Rosalie and Wise family. Never met Bill, but I have plenty of memorable conversations with this great friend via e-mail and this bulletin board. Bill had always positive thoughts and words to his friends all over the world.

Special honour to Rosalie, who all these years have took care about Bill and family.

God, take your son Bill to Heavenly Home.

Bill will be missed, by me for his personal grace, wisdom, and caring heart, just a few of his many outstanding qualities. Our prayers are with his family. RIP, Bill Wise.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Such sad news my sincere and heartfelt condolences to Rosalie and Bills family. One of the finest and couragous of men has passed and I consider myself fortunate to have had known Bill through this forum and our e-mail correspondence. A wonderful human being and we are diminished for his loss. Jeff Stephens

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I will be attending the service for my/our friend tomorrow. If any of our friends here will be in attendance, I would like to meet them. If you would email me at wilmrph@verizon.net , we can arrange to touch base before the service. If anyone needs directions or assistance, call me at 301-972-0740. Bill Murphy

RWG Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill:

A number of Bill's shooting buds will be at the Funeral as well. No doubt you will recognize many of them from past events. Together you all will be the ambassadors for Bill's friends here and on the other boards who cannot make the journey in person. Thanks. Russ

Sidelock
Sidelock

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I MUST down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,

And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,

And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,

And a grey mist on the sea's face and a grey dawn breaking.

I must down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide

Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;

And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,

And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must down to the seas again to the vagrant gypsy life.

To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife;

And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,

And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

John Masefield, Sea-Fever

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bill, Be safe on your journey.

Best Regards and

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.