April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hugh Lomas, Jimmy W, JBG, bushveld), 252 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,047
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gents,

I just looked at a couple of beautiful Japanese SxS - 12 bore.

The first is a Kasuga - a company that was in Tokyo and I'm told went out of business 30-40 years ago, but made high quality guns.

The second is a Miroku Model FE - sidelock. Both have nice engraving.

For Adam Stinson and Nigel - I'm hoping ya'll have a little info on these two. Nigel, do you know about the Miroku FE Sidelock?

I'm looking for info on the company Kasuga and info on the Model FE sidelock by Miroku.

I will get some pictures posted soon.

Sincerely,
Patrick
Sidelock
Sidelock

Patrick-

What's the shooting situation over there in Japan? Are shotguns available? Do people hunt, or just target shoot? Do you see many fine shotguns?

Dallas's Boss book mentions that Boss had a few Japanese clients, and I've seen some Greeners that came out of Japan (one was an 8g).

I also know that setter/pointer field trialing is popular with some people over there.

Thanks

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just got these from Grouse Guy.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

No idea on the Kasuga but the FE is a nice one Last year I bought a model F (same gun w/ extractors) from Cabelas but returned it after seeing it was off face. It was plane-jane but a nice quality gun, perfect for the field.... handled nicely and was light.

There is another for sale on line for $2750.

Here's a pic of the one that I bought. Is it the same as the one you're looking at?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Adam,

NICE gun! It looks like the FE I'm looking at, but mine needs some cleaning and the bluing on the barrels is not as nice as your. I guess I need to get some pics posted.

Do you have any info on when these models were made? Do you know what level they are in relation to Miroku's other models at the time?

Sincerely,
Patrick
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OWD,

For those who can afford the time and money to hunt in Japan, I'm told it's great - lots of deer and bear - not so many birds anymore. The guns laws in Japan make California look tame - it takes about 4-6 months to get a license just to buy a gun and be able to shoot at a skeet range. Then another few months to get a hunting license. Japanese can only own two guns, so if they get a new one, they have to sell the old one - usually as a trade in on the new gun. To get a rifle, one has to show responsible ownership with a shotgun for 10 years before being able to get a rifle. Hunting and shooting are dying out in Japan due to the strict laws. They Japanese hunters I know are in their 60's and 70's - awesome guys and I learn a lot from them, but no young blood. Many of the guns in Japan are nice - since those who can spend the time and money to shoot can afford nice guns. Most of what I've seen are Japanese guns (Nikko, Miroku/KFC, SKB). Other makes are generally Italian (Franchi, Barreta, Marochi) German (Merkel, Suhl) or American (Winchester - Browning - how do you classify Browning?). I've only seen a few English guns - much to my disappointment.

Sincerely,
Patrick
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here are some Pics of the Kasuga
Specs:
Bore: 12
Choke: F/IC
Barrel: 28"
Overall Length: 44"
LOP: 14"

Adam, I'll post the Miroku as soon as I can.

Sincerely,
Patrick
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Adam,

Here's the Miroku FE.

Sincerely,
Patrick
Sidelock
Sidelock

Patrick-

Thanks for the info.

That Kasuga is a nice looking gun.

What does something like that cost in Japan?

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice! That Kasuga is nice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.