Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

A good amount of Bill's fine and inspirational poetry was recited at the service. The eulogies were...I don't know what they were. They were just the most memorable collections of reflections and anecdotes I have ever heard. I don't know how to describe them. I feel that as well as I thought I knew Bill, I knew just a speck of what the man was. For the first time ever, I am at a loss for words. I hope someone will fill in for me. Sorry. Bill Murphy

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

He was, and is, alive in the truest sense of the word ... and tho there were the normal doubts and fears that none of us might even imagine, he came to understand just how well he had drawn after all. I know that for a fact.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just back from Delaware and Bill's funeral. Eightbore, sorry we missed you. It was a lovely and inspirational service. Bill's casket was decorated with a surfboard and most of his mojo bag contents. Rosalie and their children and spouses and grandchildren were fantastic. The eulogies were delivered by Bill's sister who gave a very funny and sincere address about Bill and Rosalie, and then Leroy Betts, Bill's pal since high school gave a talk about Bill's sporting life. It was very moving.

As part of it, Leroy read this: The Old Songs Which I thought was perfect.

But in the end, the reception following the funeral was full of fun. I will post some pics later today of people laughing and smiling and celebrating and remembering Bill, who brought more disparate people together than anyone I've ever known and enjoyed each one of them. Perhaps the most comforting thing that can be said about a person after death is: "He was loved." Bill was loved.

Last edited by Erik330; 02/28/07 02:37 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill Wise was one of the most courageous, intelligent, humourous and thoughtful men I ever met. His enthusiasm for all things double-gun was infectious, and his positive attitude, despite what would have been a debilitating physical ailment for most people, was inspiring. Fly on the wings of the Dove now, Bill...

Last edited by Larry Leake; 03/01/07 08:33 AM.

Best Regards,
Larry
Sidelock
Sidelock

I just logged on and read the news. I am choked up. I have read his words of wisdom for years, and only wish I could have met him in person. My most sincere condolences to his family. Jim Haynes

Jim Haynes
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you haven't read these yet.. more very poignant tributes:

http://bbs.shootingsportsman.com/viewtopic.php?t=33414

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

On behalf of myself and family or deepest regrets and prayers go out to his family in this their trying hour.

God Bless.

Greg Westberg Family

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

My grandfather told me that no man is gone till his memory and works are forgotten by all. On that basis, Bill will be with us for a long long time.

Condolences to the family.

Mtwoodson

Sidelock
Sidelock

Seeing Rosalie and her family at the funeral, I realize how strong they really are. Please let them hear some of your thoughts in a note or two. I know it would mean much to them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It has taken me far to long to express my thought on my friend, Bill. To his family, and his memory, I sincerely express my regrets.
As one looks at a man's life, one does look for those parts that will bring credit to that man. No matter how that search may go, no man may find any facet of Bill Wise's life lacking in valor and love.
One is often challenged to define the difference in valor, bravery and courage.
I will offer you this to contemplate: Do not confuse valor with either bravery or courage. Valor stems from the character of the person. Bravery originates in the willingness of the individual to confront danger. Courage is found in facing obstacles when all choices are disadvantageous.
My friend was brave. He was courageous. But I will remember him as having valor far more than most men that I have known.
He also had love and for that I will remember him.
God speed my friend and rest well in the bosom of our Lord.
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.