March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hugh Lomas, Der Ami, Marc Ret, SKB, 2 invisible), 257 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Bank of America is apparently cancelling Mcmillan Firearms accounts in what is purely a political anti-gun move.
I have notified them that I intend to close my accounts next week.
Jim

http://www.examiner.com/article/boa-drop...pting-boa-cards

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice work Jim! As an Arizonan (home state of McMillan Firearms), gun owner, and constitutional protector, I applaud your action. I walked out of my local BofA branch in 1992 with a fist full of cash and two closed accounts. I've never looked back and have never regretted it.

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Bank of America is apparently cancelling Mcmillan Firearms accounts in what is purely a political anti-gun move.
I have notified them that I intend to close my accounts next week.
Jim

http://www.examiner.com/article/boa-drop...pting-boa-cards

Hal
Unregistered
Hal
Unregistered

Nice work guys! Wish I had accounts there to close.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I pulled my money from BofA 30 yrs ago in disgust over their customer service. They were known in SoCal as the worst service in the business at the time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That is scary. A major bank in which a lot of the banking industry follows as a leader in that industry is closing accounts solely on the position of gun manufacturing and gun ownership.
They're hitting gun ownership from all angles so what's next?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
That is scary. A major bank in which a lot of the banking industry follows as a leader in that industry is closing accounts solely on the position of gun manufacturing and gun ownership.
They're hitting gun ownership from all angles so what's next?

Quoting, but not singling out anyone in particular, I gotta ask where everyone's attention was 6 months or a year ago when all the banks, all the credit cards, PayPal (and probably even the Postal Money order people) got the word (from the government) to shut off every method for funding Wikileaks, because they had published stories the government didn't like.

And, answer honestly (even if it is only to yourself): how many of those among you who were paying attention, were cheering the money being cut off?

The sad problem with constitutional rights (under any and every amendment) is that too often it's a matter of whose ox is being gored - if it's someone whose rights would defend something the observer doesn't like, the observer is far more likely to cheer the right being violated. (Some of the worst offenders when it comes to this kind of hypocrisy are cops and their civilian supervisors - they revel in kicking in doors without warrants and trashing the place and people inside, but howl when they get one-tenth the same treatment themselves.)

If you intend to be taken seriously when it comes to constitutional rights, then you really should make an effort to stand alongside those other, unpopular people and acts protected by amendments other than the Second.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, we are a firearms forum and we try to stick to 2nd Amendment issues as much as we can, as that would be a key issue to all of us, but you do make a good point.

What was that quote from President James Madison, “If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy”.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Quote; Typical from "Dave".
"If you intend to be taken seriously when it comes to constitutional rights, then you really should make an effort to stand alongside those other, unpopular people and acts protected by amendments other than the Second."

Just another attempt to (MIS) direct a 2nd Amendment issue into another area. If you have anything else irrelevant to say post it over on the "Misfires" forum when it belongs.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave in Maine
If you intend to be taken seriously when it comes to constitutional rights, then you really should make an effort to stand alongside those other, unpopular people and acts protected by amendments other than the Second.

At the heart of it, you're absolutely right Dave.
The problem I find, is I don't have time - or, honestly, sometimes, the interest, to research the details of all these constitutional issues. I firmly believe you can't just take the media's report on a situation (regardless of what side of the aisle you stand) because they are all so biased.
The Wiki deal, for example. Maybe I should stand shoulder to shoulder and support the 1st Amendment, but I don't know enough about that situation. If there were top-secret things leaked, obtained illegally, I don't see that qualifying for protection. Realize I'm not saying any of that occurred - like I say, I'm semi-ignorant on the situation.
So, for the issues I understand, I'm usually standing behind the law - be it Amendment 1, 2, 13, 21(THANK GOD)........

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HammerGuy
Originally Posted By: Dave in Maine

At the heart of it, you're absolutely right Dave...............etc.

So let me get this straight.......I should support Nazis, NAMBLA, and the plethora of other morally abhorrent groups the ACLU (for instance) seeks to protect or I should shut up? Tell you what, when Wikileaks moves to the US and does what they do responsibly I'll consider them to be protected by the 1st Amendment. That's right. They're a foreign organization. I'm a US citizen. Not a "citizen of the world". Wikileaks is a poor example, but Maine Democrats don't live in the real world where there are nation states and such.

Rights carry with them responsibilities. The responsibility is to exercise that right with the understanding that your rights end at the tip of my nose. i.e. when you doing your thing adversely effects me doing mine I get to take a shot at stopping you. Wikileaks is a non-US orangization whose actions endanger American lives. Wikileaks publishes documents for no other reason than they can. They accept zero responsibility for the results. Screw them and their anarchist BS, as well as their sex offender daddy. But hey, Dave, you stand shoulder to shoulder with anyone you want. Next you can tell us all about the heroic Occupiers of Lincoln Park.

In this case BofA has every right to refuse to do business with any company they choose. I have the right to stop doing business with BofA as a result. Mcmillan has the right to tell as many people as he wants. BofA can spend every dime they have taking down Wikileaks. Pretty easy to accept and not really something to get worked up about. In fact it's a good thing this came up. BofA will probably suffer in a big way if this is truly company policy, and other businesses will take note.

I know a couple folks who do major business with BofA and they "can't believe it". They are both looking into it through their channels to determine that it is in fact a policy rather than an agenda being pushed by a few people. They are prepared to pull out as am I. Too bad. My experience has been good with their customer service and the interest rate I have is very very nice. But you gotta take the bad with the good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.