April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Argo44, SKB, MattH, Researcher), 1,011 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,146
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just another attempt to (MIS) direct a 2nd Amendment issue into another area. If you have anything else irrelevant to say post it over on the "Misfires" forum when it belongs.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave in Maine

Quoting, but not singling out anyone in particular, I gotta ask where everyone's attention was 6 months or a year ago when all the banks, all the credit cards, PayPal (and probably even the Postal Money order people) got the word (from the government) to shut off every method for funding Wikileaks, because they had published stories the government didn't like.

And, answer honestly (even if it is only to yourself): how many of those among you who were paying attention, were cheering the money being cut off?

The sad problem with constitutional rights (under any and every amendment) is that too often it's a matter of whose ox is being gored - if it's someone whose rights would defend something the observer doesn't like, the observer is far more likely to cheer the right being violated. (Some of the worst offenders when it comes to this kind of hypocrisy are cops and their civilian supervisors - they revel in kicking in doors without warrants and trashing the place and people inside, but howl when they get one-tenth the same treatment themselves.)

If you intend to be taken seriously when it comes to constitutional rights, then you really should make an effort to stand alongside those other, unpopular people and acts protected by amendments other than the Second.

My apologies, I think this might be a misfire topic.

Thanks for the lecture Dave. The only two known people, and some vague advisors, associated with wikileaks are an Australian and an Icelander operating outside of the United States. Answer honestly to yourself why you would offer them protection under the US constitution.

Ask yourself if assange is subject to charges in the US of A, but for now is careful to stay in safe haven foreign jurisdictions. I wonder how veep biden characterizes the wikileaks head honcho, seeing as how he would be a credible authority in your eyes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Read about this yesterday, I worked for them for a few years, I am going to call them this p.m. and try and move my BA pension which I think I am legally entitled to do, best

Sidelock
Sidelock

There may be more to it.

http://digg.com/newsbar/Politics/nra_ila_bank_of_america_clarifies_position

Snopes also cannot verify a company policy.

If it ulimately turns out to be true, I'll also cancel my excellent credit card account which rebates me about $150/year on gas and groceries. It's a good product, and up to now I haven't cared a bit who the issuing bank is.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones

"You want to know about code reds? On the record I tell you that I discourage the practice in accordance with the NIS directive. Off the record I tell you that it's an invaluable part of close infantry training, and if it happens to go on without my knowledge, so be it."

That's what I think of their "clarification".

Sidelock
Sidelock

You realize you're quote another work of fiction, right?

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles
You realize you're quote another work of fiction, right?

Sure - and I bet you got the point. If not, I'm saying, "just because it is - or is not - policy, sure don't mean it ain't happenin'."

Sidelock
Sidelock

I will no longer accept checks drawn on a BOA account as a matter of policy. I'm sure they will not even notice but it sure makes me feel better.

Sidelock
Sidelock

McMillan is also going to find out that his credit card agreement is with Mastercard/Visa and not with BofA.

Let's let this play out a while and find the real story.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I had a talk with the B of A Manager about this situation this morning. She was aware of the situation as reported by Mcmillan and asked that I hold off until her executuves respond with their side of the story. Stay tuned.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.