May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Argo44, KY Jon, 1 invisible), 528 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,541
Posts546,052
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gjw
Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Yea and they don't have flak jackets on or their winter coats or heavy boots and they could catch cold and all manner of things could happen to them because they're not safe enough. Comments like those above are probably the reason why people don't post pictures on here anymore.

But, more importantly and if you care to notice, their Father is standing right there. The vast majority of people would consider that with him standing there they are as safe as they will ever be.

Thanks!!!

I would prefer eternal death before having to suffer one minute in the stale calm of a "safe" utopia.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You got one trap, shoot mostly without glasses,and ear plugs are questionable on most of the shooters. Targets are all going away chip shots. Looks like a good old boy get together not the North Dakota Side by Side. Was this intended as a joke.? Biggest jokes are the barrel chested real man comments about shooters not needing protection of any kind.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, they're his boys and a few friends shooting some trap with some double guns, that's all. And he thought that the Board would enjoy some pictures of it, and we do.
But after some of these comments we'll probably never see them again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a shame that a guy makes the effort to share with us a good family outing involving some fine doubles, and gets a bunch of criticism for everything from safety glasses to earplugs to trap location (love the wagon) and someone apparently even thought this was some kind of organized commercial venture. The "North Dakota Side by Side" looks like a good time to me, and I appreciate Greg sharing it with us. Bet he won't make that mistake again...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Old Joe
You got one trap, shoot mostly without glasses,and ear plugs are questionable on most of the shooters. Targets are all going away chip shots. Looks like a good old boy get together not the North Dakota Side by Side. Was this intended as a joke.? Biggest jokes are the barrel chested real man comments about shooters not needing protection of any kind.

We are shooting in my pasture, not an official course. There were posts about the Southeast sxs and northeast sxs shoot going on when Greg posted and he was likely joking about the name of his post. I highly doubt I am going to set up multiple throwers for an afternoon of informal shooting to relax and just shoot various guns. The trap thrower has a motorized wobbler under it, no different than a single trap found at most clubs. Most shots are taken around 35-45 yards as it is a fast thrower. Not quite sure how that comes into play as far as your chip shot comment goes, last I know that is how standard trap is shot using a single thrower.

As far as safety goes, IMO it is more important to know where your barrels are pointing than it is to wear glasses. Only one shooter shot at a time and all guns were laid down when they were not in use. Guns were broke open at all times when not shooting. Everyone wore earplugs, and most wore glasses (granted all should have). We kept the thrower to the front of or about 45 degree angle to the shooter; and the person releasing the clay did it remotely from a position behind the shooter. Greg normally has his boys wear glasses and for some reason that day they never did. How many of you that are complaining hunt with safety glasses on. I would bet a number of you don't. It is not a manly thing to do by not wearing safety equip but I also think ripping on someone posting about getting together and enjoying an afternoon of shooting is pretty stupid as well. Next time they come they will wear glasses I am sure. Do you guys enjoy pissing on everyones parade or what?

Last edited by wburns; 04/24/12 12:33 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

One trap? Straight away chip shots? Why does it have to be formal and competitive? Give me a break. Just what is wrong with taking some kids out and just having fun? My biggest thrill is to throw a few racks of pork ribs on the smoker and invite the neighbors with their kids and shotguns to eat and just have fun. I need a bottle of Pepto Bismol and two aspirin.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's what we do also JRB. We get together and have some fun trap shooting while we wait for the steaks to cook. About the only difference between us and Greg's get together is that Greg has nicer guns!!!! smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg and Wade, very nice pictures and it looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

As far as the glasses are concerned, I see nothing wrong in not wearing them in the type of shooting you were doing, going away shots. There was only one person shooting, and from the looks of the guns, only two shells fired at a time if there were any doubles thrown.
So to those concerned about glasses, what is the big deal? There are no incoming shots where fragments of a bird might hit someone.
Do all that commented wear glasses when hunting?

Thanks again for the pictures and please post more when you shoot again.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah I'm the only double barrel owner too. It sure is great to see the grin on a kid who busts a clay with my double barrel. It's even more fun to watch a father with my double barrel and he forgets that there are two triggers. grin The ammunition, targets, and pork ribs I buy for the kids is worth every penny and then some.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg and Wade I did not mean to rain on your shoot. frown

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.