April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Marplot, Vall, Lloyd3, LGF, Karl Graebner, Ted Schefelbein), 356 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,791
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

If a Type 1 FFL licencee won't accept my FFL Type C&R then I spend my money elsewere. This is a gun buyer's market!

Mark

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: MarkOue
If a Type 1 FFL licencee won't accept my FFL Type C&R then I spend my money elsewere. This is a gun buyer's market!

Mark

And IMO This should be made perfectly clear to outfits like Cabalas.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Unless there actually is a law standing in the way of transfering a firearm to an 03FFL (or shipping to CA, ect), I don't understand the refusal of some dealers to do so.

The Cabela's in question may just be a local interpretation or perhaps a mis-interpretation of regs.
They are certainly blocking out a large section of the buying market if so.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
I don't understand the refusal of some dealers to do so.

Some dealers are lazy. Some dealers are stupid. Some dealers are vindictive. Some dealers are all of the above.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How is a C&R verified by a seller? What is the phone number one poster alludes to? E-Z Check is on the internet, a thirty second verification. E-Z Check is not available for C&R verification.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey guys,

I am not trying to derail the thread, but I have several questions regarding a C&R license that sorta fit under this topic. I am a CA resident and am considering a C&R license. I buy at least one SxS a year and the license intrigues me.

1. My understanding of the license is that it allows one to buy a gun over 50 years old or one that appears on the ATF's C&R list. Is this correct?

2. How does this work specific to California? Does CA restrict C&R purchases for long guns (similar to prohibition on pistols as previously mentioned)?

3. Can a C&R license holder in CA purchase a Fox made in 1920 and have the gun shipped directly to his or her place of residence? Or must the gun go to a FFL?

4. Does a C&R license holder in CA exempt the license holder from the 10 day "Cooling Off Period" wait if purchasing a modern shotgun?

Thanks as always!

Last edited by David Dabaco; 04/03/12 07:28 PM.

David
Sidelock
Sidelock

laugh laugh laugh and laugh

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Quote:
I don't understand the refusal of some dealers to do so.

Some dealers are lazy. Some dealers are stupid. Some dealers are vindictive. Some dealers are all of the above.

Yes some people are stupid, lazy and vindictive. I get that and I've heard all the other reasons too.
Just none of them ever made any sense to me if you you go through all the trouble to get an 01FFL (a business license to make a profit), and then refuse business which is easier & quicker to transact in most cases than a transfer to a non-licensee..

They are free to do as they wish however..

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Originally Posted By: MarkOue

Mark

And IMO This should be made perfectly clear to outfits like Cabalas.
Jim
You really think Cabela's give a Big Rats Ass- they are the GM of retail and mail order sporting goods, and like Gander Mt.- are way past "By the Book" on FFL paperwork and the 4473 and the "Stevie Nicks" checky-checky. They are going to build a second store, as big as the one in Dundee, MI in the Kent County (Walker Twp) MI area and will be open by Sept 2013- Gun Library and all-- They take what we 'Nam vets have learned to call the "My Lai" syndrome- there is no 'grey" area in between--case in point- I have a valid MI CCW with my photo, a valid MI driver's license and also a vaild passport (a must nowadays for going into Canada)-- I can buy any legal longgun from other area dealers- Silver Bullet on Division, Al and Bob's on Division, Bachelder Master Gunmakers on MI and Fuller, Bob's Gun and Tackle on M-37 in Hastings- and by showing my CCW and my Driver's license, the sale is automatically cleared- no call in data- no BS 4473 to fill out, no Stevie Nix check--BUT not so at Gander Mt. I recently bought a "as is" Baker 12 Batavia Special from one of the two GM outlets in Grand Rapids--No such sit rep there- I had to fill out the 4473, show my ID, wait for the Nix check to clear (nice to be a Honorably Discharged Vet without any criminal record, not eve a speeding ticket- but I digress-- stores like GM and Cabelas pay their help just above the minimum wage level- they don't have the time to invest in a training program due to the turn-over you get when you try to buy good help "on the cheap"--so they use the "My lai" approach and "over-kill" and while they were doing my checky-check and retired GRPD Det. came in, with a valid CCW like mine- and bought a used S&W snubbie- guess what- they did the same 4473 and Stevie nicks on him- i watched the whole process- Un-^%$#&*(-believable, but as they say- "Live it, or live with it"!!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

David, the best place to get C&R info on CA is the website www.calguns.net If you ask your questions there, fairly soon somebody who actually knows will respond. You do have to be able to sift the wheat from the chaff among responses, tho, and that may involve a call to DOJ. Their number is at the top of the Calguns website homepage. I have found that they respond quite well to respectful questions--THEY didn't make up our stupid gun laws, but they do have to enforce them. Not a fun job, I'm sure.

Your C&R license allows you to receive C&R long guns shipped directly from an FFL or C&R FFL in another location in CA or another state without any requirement except getting a copy of the sender's C&R license or FFL and recording the transaction in your "Bound Book." As I understand it, handguns of any type considered firearms by Federal law must go FFL to FFL. (Ask DOJ about that to be sure). Cap and ball or flintlock handguns are NOT firearms under Federal law. Cartridge arms of any age are.

C&R long guns can be sold face-to-face by two CA residents in-state without any paperwork except verifying that both seller and buyer are 21. No DROS, no fees, no licenses, no paperwork, no tax, no waiting period. IF you have a C&R license, you must put the details of the transaction in your bound book. The rest of us just get the money or the gun and go about our biz. (This explains why C&R-qualified guns are hot items in CA).

Non-C&R long guns ("Modern shotguns") must go FFL to FFL and are subject to the 10-day Gun Jail, DROS and DROS fees. Even if the deal is face-to-face within the state.

I won't go into the "Safe Gun List" since it applies to handguns only and makes my blood pressure dangerous.....

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.