May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (welder, obsessed-with-doubles, Bill Davis, KDGJ, Ted Schefelbein, 1 invisible), 939 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,847
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#270252 03/13/12 08:58 AM
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all, just got an e-mail from Brian, he's closing down New Era ammo. He's going on a mission to Africa.

It's a shame, I really liked his loads and he was wonderful to deal with! A gentleman of the old school.

I just want to thank him here and elsewhere for the wonderful service I always got from him and his quality products.

Good luck Brian, you'll be missed!

All the best to you!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hope his mission is to help all those Nigerians who have had a rich uncle die and left them over $32 Million that unfortunately they cannot access without the help of a 54 year old American dairy farmer.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

well dang.....that is too bad. I wish him the best.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe he got one of those letters from Nigeria?
I am not a big believer in saving people who don't want to be "saved".

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian is looking to sell the business. Here is the text of his e-mail:

Greetings,

I am emailing to inform you we will be closing our doors as of today. I
have been trying to sell New Era Ammunition and have not been successful.
If you know of someone who may be willing to purchase it, please pass my
name and number to them. Your support has been great! We are closing
because my life is taking a new direction.

I was called to serve my Lord through missions. This summer I will be
going to Africa for a month. In the meantime I am focusing my efforts on
fund raising for Africa, work within my church and other ministries in our
community. I also have four children and a wonderful wife I need to spend
time with. Something had to give and New Era Ammunition was it.

I have truly enjoyed the last three years serving your shooting needs
while making shells and new friends! It is with a heavy heart that I am
closing the doors. Please keep in contact and enjoy the smell of gun
powder!

Humbly yours,
Brian Erickson

Brian Erickson
www.NewEraAmmunition.com
(231) 301-1094

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stallones

I am not a big believer in saving people who don't want to be "saved".

Yeap, that is a tough gig, more rejection than the Fuller Brush and Knapp shoe salesman got for sure in the days of my youth

-Clif Watkins

jmc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a very positive experience dealing with Brian this past winter on my needs for non-toxic waterfowl loads and although I haven't used any of the shot yet, believe I got a great product at a good price. I wish him the best in his future endeavors and hope that someone can pick up the business.

Regards,
Jerry

Sidelock
Sidelock

No one can possibly receive salvation who does not want to have it. Salvation is a free gift but requires the complete acceptance of the Savior into one's heart, of his/her own free will. No one has ever received salvation against their will.

Sorry to see a specialty shotshell business like this closing, but my best wishes and prayers are with Brian and his family as he begins a new and exciting phase of his life.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wish you the best Brian. New Era produced some fine shotshells and will be missed. Hope you can find a successor who is as good to deal with as you.

A Springer Spaniel, a 6# double and a fair day to hunt.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Where is New Era physically located?
From the information I've received it's located Michigan. Sounds like an opportunity for you Midwestern guys to buy it and run it as a coop.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 03/13/12 06:58 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.