March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Stanton Hillis, SKB, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 891 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
duckone Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

barrells are 30"

duckone Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

She's a 12 gauge.

duckone Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

During my google searches,I came across Excellentia's that had minimal engraving,finally came across two which matched the engraving on mine,both of which referenced the Kell engraving,still searching for actual documentation of model,one of the guns was on gunsinternational,I belive the other was Bass Pro Springfiled gun shop,now that our liberal office manager killed my lunch time searches of gun sites,by not allowing us construction types to surf guns,gambling etc,on company copmputer(pretty sad for an electricalcontracting firm)I'm forced to search in the evenings.

duckone Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thank you for the input,got them posted.

duckone Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Haven't given much thought as to selling price,what would you offer. To give you history of gun,My uncle now deceased,avid waterfowler here in the peoples republic of maryland,susquehanna flats/chesapeake bay area,had the gun. I'm 51 years old,had hunted with my uncle and father many times when I was in my teens ,but had never heard anything about this particular gun.My uncle was all ways with his Winchester Super x pump.I received the scott roughly 20 years ago,what got me interested again was that his son recently gave me the old Ithaca and his trusty SuperX,I did take the Super X out this year and busted several geese and ducks.The scott which my aunt gave me spent several years in there attic I'm sure in excessive heat.Thus causing rib to start to lift in center of barrels(30"),checkering is there but not really pronounced,if you need more pictures send me an email,and I'll get you more,and use macro lense on camera for more detailed shots if.I did snap a few primers in her several years ago,but haven't done any recently.

duckone Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thanks I'll keep you in mind if I go that route

duckone Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thanks,was curious about its history,I know in the area I live Chesapeake Bay/Susquehanna Flats lots of hunters from philly on down came to the area,don't know if documentation was kept or shoudl I say survied to this day,but finding some rather interesting info as Im digging.Have been reading several forums on here,always interesting,getting quite the education on doubles.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What's the inside of the barrels look like? Pits? Private message sent duckone

Sidelock
Sidelock

duckone,
Records show that the Scott Excellentia Triplex was in production from 1884-1890.In 1884 Harry Kell was 14 years old joining his fathers business.The most likely engraver of your gun was:
James Charles Scott a member of the Scott Family, who following art studies,focused his outstanding talents on engraving Scott Guns.In 1887 James became head of the family business.
For further info on the Scott family see Douglas Tates book,"The Birmingham Gun Makers." Incuded in the book are some excellent pictures of a "Scott Excellentia Triplex", which I believe at one time resided in my collection.

Last edited by Roy Hebbes; 03/06/12 10:13 AM.

Roy Hebbes
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Roy Hebbes
duckone,
Records show that the Scott Excellentia Triplex was in production from 1884-1890.In 1884 Harry Kell was 14 years old joining his fathers business.The most likely engraver of your gun was:
James Charles Scott a member of the Scott Family, who following art studies,focused his outstanding talents on engraving Scott Guns.In 1887 James became head of the family business.
For further info on the Scott family see Douglas Tates book,"The Birmingham Gun Makers." Incuded in the book are some excellent pictures of a "Scott Excellentia Triplex", which I believe at one time resided in my collection.

Thank you Roy, great info.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.