April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Ken Nelson, ClapperZapper, Chad Linder, 3 invisible), 975 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,237
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank-you for the update Tony,very very touching post.

Here's to you ,
Chris

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,
Your latest post has especially touched a note with me. Although I haven't met you or conversed much on your threads here, I am very much moved by your illness. Your situation comes at a time when we are dealing with my mother's age related illnesses and her frailty. Over two weeks ago, doctors braced us for the worse and discharged my mother from the hospital telling us nothing further could be done. Her outlook was measured in days. Yesterday, she walked on her own power again. I wish you a similar surprize.

Best wishes
Chuck

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello Tony;

Keep a positive attitude if you can and keep fighting. I can understand what you are going through because I have cancer also. It's a rare and aggressive form of Leukemia called Multiple Myeloma / Plasma Cell Leukemia. I was diagnosed about 4 years ago when my son was 14 and I have had 2 bone marrow transfers since then. I am currently in a drug trial for a new chemo therapy that is showing some promising signs.

I look at it that I have had 4 bonus years to live and I am taking advantage of it. I have been making a yearly hunting trip to Wyoming to hunt antelope and loving every minute of it. Last summer my son and I took a 2 week road trip (4,500 miles) to see the sights of the American West. We had a wonderful time.

It helps me to focus on the future and look forward to events in my life and not dwell on the past. BTW, I got married last June to a wonderful woman (the second go round for both of us) who has been my rock going through this. I have a wonderful support group of friends in the gun world that have also helped me greatly.

I have always been a fan of "black humor" and I make jokes about my cancer and the inevitable end. It is off putting to some people, but it helps me deal with it. I have been known to announce my presence by saying "dead man walking" when entering a room.

We are here for you Tony. I would be happy to chat with you when ever you feel the need.

Steve
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi Steve, I really appreciate the post, believe me. I will fight. You just get hit harder with the bat each time. I'll get up. It's really ALL about my children. We went clay shooting yesterday and my wife and Will are having lessons (which I've now upped to weekly because I want to see more and more and squeeze more and more in!). It was amazing he shot so well with a .410 and I know they are carrying it on when I go whenever that is!

I completely concur with the thoughts on humour although sometimes it gets hard to do. People say "how do you do it" but to me everyone would do the same. Fight it in the face and sure get upset privately sometimes but show you are there, ready for the next swing at you and fight back with fists drawn.

Thank you everyone. This week a good friend of mine stepped up to be my driver! How lovlely, she's an old friend, has four older kids now at school and is taking me to radiotherapy for 5 days and Price Street Friday to see my buddies there. The human heart kicking in again to help an old friend. I'm the one that should be humbled for making me put my friends through this crap and it leaves me great comfort to know they are there for Marie.

T
x

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,

Keep fighting. We are still praying for you each and every day!

Sidelock
Sidelock

This thread makes me wonder just how many here are in this battle. For me and I am sure for many as well. You have learned to accept your personal battle. But, the ones you love, makes me so sad. For me it is now 8yrs. of 7 surgeries, 93 radiations and 2 clinical trials, but I am STILL here. I am not cured, but living with cancer. I hope they can find that therapy, pill or procedure to get you allot more time.

Black humor....At the local restaurant where the guys gather for lunch, it was brought up how the government may treat cancer patients if they are over 75 or so and if we have social medicine they just may not be able to treat you. Of course as a patient, I piped up and said," that is why I chose to get my cancer early!" The group went quiet and then all started laughing and all mentioned that I had a good sense of humor about it. Just what else you going to say?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, You have a "PM" from us. We have all the"Smoke-Lamps" burning for YOU. Keep your "Chisles" sharp. Trevallion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

God Bless you and your family Tony.

Dustin

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Tony,

Last weekend my daughter told her children (12,13,17) that there Dad will probably not live till his birthday which is in September. He has a similar disease as yours. Rest assured I am still praying daily for all involved.

Kindest regards,
Ken

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,

Great admiration for your strength in facing your illness head on! I'll keep praying for you and you just keep fighting.

Cameron Hughes
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.