April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (susjwp, Stanton Hillis, KDGJ, buckstix, Argo44, 1 invisible), 393 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,212
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Carl Halbach Aachen, Waffenhandlung

Heinrich Mnch Aachen, Bchsenmacher

Max G. Fischer Berlin, Gewehrfabrik, Prinz Albrechtstrae(1?)

W. Hamacher Dsseldorf, Waffenhandlung

August Rickelt Dortmund, Bchsenmacher

Wilhelm Lorenzen Flessburg, Waffenhandlung

W. Tornau Halle am Salle Bchsenmacher

Engelbert Clever Nachfolger Kln am. Rhein Waffenhandlung

August Lneburg Kiel, Waffenhandlung

Karl Krmes Leipzig, Waffenhandlung

D.(Daniel) A. Nohascheck, Hoflieferant(& Hofschwerteger?/ Schwertfegen Meister ) Mainz

Adolf Loesche Hoflieferant Magdeburg

Gustav Gnther Metz, Bchsenmacher

Josef Dahl Osnabrck, Bchsenmacher

Hermann Eichhorn Rustock, HofBchsenmacher

J. Vogel Strassburg, Bchsenmacher

I think I've spelled the outlets listed in Franz Jger's 1908 advert correctly.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

O.G. Scherell Berlin Potsdamerstrae 104 & Delitzsch

J.C. Stahl & Sohn Hamburg

The above were added in a little later advert.

Kind Regards,
Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ellenbr

But a a similar period article on the Verschlu der Rekordgewehr gives that it has a 20(friction surfaces) point lockup and is manufactured in Liege by Scholberg & Delheid and adverts for it thru Thieme & Schlegelmilch and those of Franz Jger are either found on adjacent pages or possibly on the same page.

J. Novotny isn't listed as a F. Jger and I would assume he sourced directly to Liege and with the Record on the floorplate, it all seems to ring true. Thanks to M-4 for bringing this 1910 J. Novonty peddled examples to my attention.
Cabelas #2202434 - Hammond, Indiana

With the Jen Pro Broky and Prague Nitro proof, I wonder if it was finished in Prague by Novotny's mechanics or if the Nitro proof exposure was required? Also there is a slight difference in the Belgian stamped weight of 1437.3g and the Prague stamped weight of 1433g. Maybe their scales weren't synchronized.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Seems there was a DRGM associated with the Simson - Jaeger Verschlu?

The lockup was also peddled in a hammer version

Piethe und Didczuhn - Rastenburg

Piethe und Didczuhn - Rastenburg

August Lneburg - Kiel

August Lneburg - Kiel

Note the Cat eyes atop the frame M-4.

August Lneburg - Kiel
The mechanics initials GG seem to be a constant on these F. Jger sporting weapons, GG, encircled GG, jagged encircled GG.

Kind Regards,

Raimey

Sidelock
Sidelock

L. Fortenbach of Mnchen a find by The American on Auction Arms: http://classic.gunauction.com/buy/111903...an-sxs-engraved

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Raimey,

I can help you finally....that lock-up system is just like on mine, and Ironically there is a article in the same journal which I wrote you about regarding the Steigele.

That lock up system I believe is exactly the one I read about last nite, after emailing you.

It is called a Hercules system. Hercules originallt got the patent for it, It was suppose to be the strongest lock-up system. I will email you that article when I scan the German Gun Collectors article for you.

I am a member, but do not know about permissions to reprint it on the internet, but I can send it to you directly to read it...

Kurt

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey,

What were your comments on my L. Fortenbach. Munchen
that I bought?

I just liked the looks of it and the different style of the lock up between the barrels and the breech.

Kurt

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Raimey,

What were your thoughts and comments on that L. Fortenbach. Munchen, which I bought because I never saw that type of barrel to breech system?

Hope you are well....

Sincerely
Kurt

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: kuduae
In 1910 Jaeger again patented a similar arrangement with sidplates to the same effect, DRP 229531.

Axel, you have a typo here and the DRP is 229521 for 23rd December, 1910, a 1910 Christmas present?

So from the patents:

Austrian Patent 9862 - 1900/1902

DRP 176578 - 1904 - Original Patent
DRP 201505 - 1907 - Bittiner's Improvement w/out frame sides
DRP 229521 - 1910 - Jger's Improvement with screw on left/right side

We may be able to narrow the date range of manufacture & patent enforcement.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Kurt, your acquisition with the high serial number may have been sourced from Jger or Simson but I'm curious if it has the removable screw on the right side of the hingepin? Also are there any additional marks near the lower rib on the underside of the tubes, specifically an encircled GG? I would venture a guess of a manufacture date in Suhl post WWI & pre-1923.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.