May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (arrieta2, 2 invisible), 743 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,719
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 27 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 26 27
keith #264937 02/10/12 07:36 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

... Obama won the last election by a healthy margin and we have to live with that fact. But how many here would admit publicly that voting result was good for us or the nation?

Please explain.

James M #264962 02/10/12 10:18 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do want this thread to end. But I have a hard time not responding to inaccurate representations of others' posts. Keith, my comment was about how you judged "many" members of this board, made no reference to gun owners in general. And look again at what precedes Gnomom's post about felons obtaining guns: he responded to a post that appeared to favor -- without qualification -- eliminating all gun ownership restrictions.

James M #264965 02/10/12 10:27 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

This morning, early, to catch a certain tide phase, 11 men got together at our launch ramp to take some measurements and work on a plan. Before we got started, I got their attention and asked some questions: 1. How many of us are gunowners in the USA? Nine. How many belong to the NRA? Four (including one non gun owner). How many support our second amendment rights? ELEVEN. How many of you are familiar with George Soros? Two.
Useing Keiths criteria, nine of the eleven are not qualified to support our gun rights..Is this what we want?

James M #264973 02/10/12 11:21 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith in the middle of this thread Jim said he was going to post gun-rights in this section regardless of policy. Did you read that? Many of the scoldings you are giving us are because of our responses to that post.

I suppose that voting on any subject doesn't necessarily give the very very best possible outcome but it is a rational method of settling issues and creating peace. Do you think that settling things by voting is a bad idea in general or just on this board.

I have had threads moved. Others here have had threads moved. If you believe a post in this section is off topic feel free to report it.

And for the umpteenth time this a forum for gun owners and it is about firearms. We are zealous. We are vigilant. We are NRA members.

There are many threads in the Misfire section that start out as gun rights, wind into idealogy, then political parties, some use the phrase "the Kenyan" to identify the president, and then arguments about whether we can remove him from office for being born out of the country. Aren't you the one who refers to President Obama as "The Kenyan". Don't you have dozens of posts about the conspiracy to cover up his birth place. If not I apologize for mixing you up with someone else.

I don't want that discussion in this section. Most of us don't. If ya'll start posting gun rights threads here that "Kenyan" discussion will be here too. And gun rights posts will continue to be reported because they will have devolved into politics and conversations about birth conspiracy.

I guess we could then have another multipage thread sustained by the two or three of you sustaining this one about how politics needs to be in the main section because it is directly connected to gun rights.

I concede the point that I had, in a previous post, left the last word to others and didn't. Of course this post won't be the last either.

I am delighted to report that I am going to spend the next few days running my dogs in a field trial. Perhaps it will lift my cranky mood. Apparently my soon-to-be absence is improving my wife's mood as I can hear her in the next room happily singing. I don't expect to have internet access.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
James M #264991 02/10/12 12:03 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike and others make the point perfectly why partisan politics should not be in this forum. Citizens rarely are one-issue voters. The GOP primaries seem otherwise with voters preferring making a point to electability---for now.

I've been eligible to vote for 60 years. Our majority Conservative Party will get rid of the long-gun registry next month. I won't support the party for other reasons. I never voted Liberal. I'm anti the antis at the grassroots level.

The former leader of the Conservative Party of Canada, knowing how I feel about some of his party's policies, asked me to be his eyes and ears in our region. I do that because governments that don't know govern ineffectively.

The politician and I share a mutual respect. I also respect Canada's institutions. I don't think Americans are all that much different generally, in their hearts, in what they want for their country. Cheap shots on this board shouldn't be part of it.

James M #264997 02/10/12 12:26 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

King, you make some excellent points, both in your most recent post and in most others from you I have read, in this thread and others. I particularly agree with the idea that few citizens are simply one issue voters. Most of us want good government with all that implies.

I believe we all share a love of fine firearms and we all are concerned, at some level, that we will be able to continue to enjoy them, without the needlessly heavy hand of the state interfering.

Would that we see ourselves as others see us.

On here we have, for the most part, only the written word by with to form our conclusions about the other members posting and their ideas. The best, most persuasive posts I ever read are those that offer knowledge and insight and avoid personality. It doesn't seem to matter the subject. You seem to exemplify that approach.

Sometimes it's seems this form of communication too easily becomes a "type and hit send" rather than a thoughtful exposition of ideas.

Thanks for your contributions.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
James M #265005 02/10/12 01:47 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

When Chuck H came out to hunt with us this season, he stayed in a bunkhouse on a ranch owned by a very good friend of mine. She is a Liberal Democrat, a Lawyer, and a former environmental lobbyist in Washington. She has a CCW and carries a S&W model 36, all the time. We certainly dont want her on our side of the 2nd Amendment, do we? Or do we?

James M #265007 02/10/12 02:19 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

King and canvasback

I too want everything good government implies. The congressman I vote for is a liberal, while I'm somewhat conservative. I hate these lables. But I think it was Jim who posted a link on another thread or I read it somewhere, I don't know, on some Syrian who stated something to the effect that they used to think Americans were silly about the second amendment and how now he realizes that maybe we're not. All those other things don't matter if you can't back it up with force if need be. So I hold my nose and pull the lever for the liberal Democrat that supports my right to own a gun.

James M #265008 02/10/12 02:21 PM
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

When I made the original post about the anti's planned protest at Starbucks on Valentines Day it was intended to be informational period. I expected most members here to read it make a mental note and pass on probably without comment. The firestorm of protest kicked off here came as a surprise to me and I expect many others were surprised as well.
While I respect most of the points of view here I cannot agree with those whose opinion is 2nd Amendment rights discussions and attacks should be relegated to the Misfires Section . Gun Control and any attempts at gun control are at the core of our hobby and discussions of such attempts don't belong in an offshoot area such as "Misfires".
With all due respect to Dave Weber; the very title of the "Misfires" Section gives the impression that this issue is of little importance.
If we don't actively stand up for our 2nd Amendment rights and keep each other informed as to attacks on this right we will ultimately pay the price as has been the case in other Countries.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
James M #265009 02/10/12 02:23 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
With all due respect to Dave Weber; the very title of the "Misfires" Section gives the impression that this issue is of little importance.

I agree.

I am glad to be here.
Page 20 of 27 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.