May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Karl Graebner, graybeardtmm3, eightbore), 384 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,725
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 27 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

This thread needs an epitaph.

Now I lay me down to sleep

Hush little baby don't say a word
And never mind that noise you heard
It's just the beasts under your bed
In your closet in your head
Say your prayers little one
Don't forget my son
To include everyone

I tuck you in, warm within
Keep you free from sin
'Til the sandman he comes

Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight

Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
We're off to never-never land

Something's wrong, shut the light
Heavy thoughts tonight
And they aren't of Snow White

Now I lay me down to sleep
We're off to never-never land

Cast a cold eye
On life, on death,
Horseman, pass by!

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Gnomon #264642 02/08/12 05:35 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gnomon

Very true if it was happening here. Then I'd be alarmed too. However it is going on in a foreign sovereign nation and is no concern of mine except when I shoot in the UK.

Since it ain't happening here I have more pressing things to be alarmed about.

Gnomon, you apparently never read about any of the ATF (now BATF) abuses which lead up to the eventual passage of the National Firearms Owners Protection Act. Barack Obama is hardly the first anti gun politician to come down the pike. While guys like you who have their heads buried in the sand are enjoying simply shooting and owning guns and thinking that makes you pro-gun, a minority have been doing the heavy lifting to keep the wolves at bay. It's almost inconcievable that we have gun guys here who do not even know about the anti gun efforts of billionaires George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. But long before they became major forces in the battle to kill the Second Amendment, we had a constant flow of high profile politicians and celebrities and well funded organizations doing their damndest to strip you of the right you enjoy and are completely unalarmed about losing.

AmarilloMike said earlier,
"Jim with all due respect most here are members of the NRA, certainly internet literate and capable of navigating to the news sources on the web."

And he went on to say,
"This is a forum for gun owners and it is about firearms. We are all zealots here. We are vigilant. And we will be even if you are required to follow the rules and post about this subject in another section."

With all due respect to Mike because I agree with 99% of his posts, I would say that way less than half of the guys here are members of NRA or in any way active in their support of gun rights and the shooting sports. I say this because of past threads both here and in Misfires where dozens of guys like Gnomon make excuses for their inactivity, for not joining NRA, and for continuing to support and re-elect avowed anti-gun politicians. They even go out of their way to insult and denigrate the ones who are on the front lines of a battle they seem almost completey unaware of. I no longer worry about alienating these guys, because they never were involved and most likely never will get involved. I'll go on to state that in addition to their lack of financial support or activism in support of the Second Amendment, many of the whiners and thread police here do not even contribute a few shekels to Dave to support this BBS.

I also agree with Mike that this is a double gun forum. But no one has explained yet to us how gun rights, which can eventually erode or remove our right to own and shoot doubles, is less relevant than a thousand other off-topic topics that run their course without a bit of protest. Hell, when there were some threads running in Misfires recently about Operation Fast and Furious, Last Dollar and a few others wanted to stop or censor the discussion there. Last Dollar asked who I was to tell him to simply not read a thread if it bothered him. He should read the last line of the rules for Misfires where one Dave Weber says "If you find the materials offensive, don't read it."

Homeless jOe said, "Any one that doesn't believe the Antis are nOt conspiring against the Legal Gun owners are dumb'r a box of rocks."

What's taken me a thousand words to say, jOe covered in one concise line. The legal gun owners he speaks of still includes double gun owners. There is no more appropriate place for gun rights postings than front and center where it might get the attention of visitors and ostriches who may occasionally take their heads out of the sand or elsewhere. I hope Dave agrees.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

James M #264644 02/08/12 07:13 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

There are many intelligent, well spoken individuals on this board. Wish I was one of them.
That's exactly why I like jOe. Reminds me of my dad. Man of few words, a bit gruff, and would give you the unvarnished truth. Give it to you with both barrels.
And after all the foolishness of the last couple days I want everyone to know again, no hard feelings for ANYONE.
Bye the way-- NRA Patron Member and damn proud of it!

James M #264647 02/08/12 08:34 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, while I may disagree with the conspiracy theorists I am not ignorant of the issues and the real problems facing gun owners.

It is a fallacy to assume ignorance on the part of those who disagree.

I still don't give a damn what the British police do nor do I care if some "knob" can't take his forend off without breaking it and tries to turn that into some cause cèlébre.

And for the record I support the enforcement of existing gun laws and if some anus dealer sells handguns to felons he should go to the slammer.

That's a very good way to protect our legitimate rights.

Gnomon #264663 02/08/12 09:56 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is a fallacy to assume ignorance on the part of those who disagree.

Pardon me....only the ignorant could disagree.

Gnomon #264673 02/08/12 10:51 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gnomon, what you miss is that the only thing gun laws do is inconvenience good, honest, citizens.

No gun law will or can keep deadly weapons out of the hands of those who intend to use them criminally.

Gun laws are a fraud and a failure everywhere, and in fact increase demand just like drug laws do.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
James M #264696 02/08/12 11:53 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jones, I'm not missing anything. Lots of stuff inconveniences good honest hard-working law-abiding citizens. Traffic lights and speed limits to name just two.

You are absolutely correct that no law will ever keep a gun away from a criminal who really wants one. Nor will drug laws stop illegal drug usage.

Many gun laws are nothing but harassment - some stupid pol wants to win points and the result is cumbersome nuisance laws. These need to be gotten rid of.

But I like the laws that make it more difficult for felons to buy guns (however imperfect they may be). And I don't want to make it easy for somebody who just got paroled for an ax-murder to be able to buy a gun over the counter.

But maybe that's just me.

Gnomon #264722 02/08/12 01:21 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

And I don't want to make it easy for somebody who just got paroled for an ax-murder to be able to buy a gun over the counter.

But maybe that's just me.

Since an ax is obviously his weapon of choice I think we need ax laws for people like him. wink

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
James M #264724 02/08/12 01:30 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here in Waterloo,Iowa we have had 2 people killed with bare hands in the last couple of years and that is not counting a baby or 2 killed by their parent.One of the adult deaths was unintentional as she was in the way when the perp wanted to beat on her boyfriend.

James M #264728 02/08/12 01:47 PM
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Quote:
"Keith, while I may disagree with the conspiracy theorists I am not ignorant of the issues and the real problems facing gun owners."
Excuse us:
This is no theory but well documented and established fact. It would really be in your best interest to check before you post something as off base as this. George Soros doesn't even attempt to dispute that his goal is to end civilian ownership of firearms period and he and his well funded groups work towards that goal on a daily basis. No conspiracy?? Yeah Right!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 15 of 27 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.