April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, Lloyd3, Jem Finch, Marks_21, 1 invisible), 1,015 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,131
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Too bad the wood on those bobwhites looks like it came from the fence post aisle at Home Depot.

They must be sourcing their wood from Beretta.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Quote:
Too bad the wood on those bobwhites looks like it came from the fence post aisle at Home Depot.

They must be sourcing their wood from Beretta.

It's the same wood used on a $8000 Perazzi standard grade.

Sidelock
Sidelock

HaHa You guys funny! Only sad part is that you are exactly right. I just replaced my fence post Beretta wood with a nice wood set from Cole gun. Yildiz puts on superb wood for what you pay IMHO.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had experience with three Yildiz Elegante 4 .410s. All had much better wood than any standard Rem., Win., or Ruger I have ever owned. My only gripe with them is the trigger pull. About three hours careful work on each of them and they are very good, now.

Ejectors are tough to get to work right on a .410, according to Tony. Others have told me the same thing. As limited as the use is that mine gets I can live quite happily without them on the little guns. I do love good ejectors on a dove gun, though. I can appreciate that the RBL will probably be much nicer than the Yildiz, but $6500 better? No way. 61 doves taken with it last season convinced me.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You can't compare a $450 gun made by Turkish peasants to a gun made by people here earning a living wage, paying a mortgage in the USA or England, nor should you want to. This type of thinking led to the downfall of all things we hold dear here in America and why we are beholden to Walmart and China. Something can always be found cheaper but does it ever give you the same pride of ownership? A Model 12 always gave me a sense of pride and always worked, whereas my Mossberg with its ever jambing shell magazine I am ready to cut in half in the chopsaw. Cheap is as cheap does, there is a reason why a $450 gun won't eject shells or has trigger pulls as hard as a wedding night d*ck

-Clif Watkins

Sidelock
Sidelock

"You can't compare a $450 gun made by Turkish peasants to a gun made by people here earning a living wage, paying a mortgage."

You have to pick a better comparison than that. People all over have to earn a living and pay a mortgage.
People shop at Walmart for one reason and one reason only, to save a buck. You will see BMWs parked next to cadilacs.
All the American companies that left here, why do you think they moved, cheaper labor so more money in the CEO's pockets. Don't beleive that some of these foreign gun companies with funny names aren't run by Americans now living there.

If you want to blame it on someone, blame it on us. Kids that do graduate school and don't go to college and if they do want to work, and I do mean want to, want to make $15-20 an hour and not have any ethics in doing a good job and showing up.

So please don't blame anyone for buying a $450 gun compared to $7,000 dollar one. The small fixes still won't cost $6500 to fix.

Sorry about the rant, but we are to blame.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Clearly he has never visited a Turkish gun factory. The folks are far from being "peasants". Lots of modern NC equipment, motivated workers...David is pretty much right on, we did it to ourselves...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
The smaller they get the more they cost...

Yep! Compare the pair of size 13 $100.00 mens work boots that contain about a square yard of cow hide to a little dainty pair of size 5 ladies high heels that cost $500.00. Most gals think that's a good deal though, and will buy a closet full.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JDW
"You can't compare a $450 gun made by Turkish peasants to a gun made by people here earning a living wage, paying a mortgage."

You have to pick a better comparison than that. People all over have to earn a living and pay a mortgage.
People shop at Walmart for one reason and one reason only, to save a buck. You will see BMWs parked next to cadilacs.
All the American companies that left here, why do you think they moved, cheaper labor so more money in the CEO's pockets. Don't beleive that some of these foreign gun companies with funny names aren't run by Americans now living there.

If you want to blame it on someone, blame it on us. Kids that do graduate school and don't go to college and if they do want to work, and I do mean want to, want to make $15-20 an hour and not have any ethics in doing a good job and showing up.

So please don't blame anyone for buying a $450 gun compared to $7,000 dollar one. The small fixes still won't cost $6500 to fix.

Sorry about the rant, but we are to blame.

No doubt you are correct, we have done it to ourselves sadly. But I have always prefered a gun whittled with simpler machines and little bit of the sweat of the brow. Thats just what I look for even though I am giving up an advantage of perhaps better technology.

Old learned hands like these I will save up $$ to patronize as long as I'm able

-Clif Watkins

Sidelock
Sidelock

The one on display at the Dallas Safari Show had THE most beautiful English crotch walnut to drool over, and felt good in hand. That has skewed my opinion on Tony's little .410, since I am a wood nut...at the same table was a 3 pound Greener .410 which was a useless toy. Steve

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.