April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (HeymSR20), 404 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,230
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#257525 12/22/11 10:12 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Are they offered to fit individual shotguns? How do you identify one as being a genuine Miller-??

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

The early Miller One Triggers has the selector on the safety like the 3 position safety on some L.C. Smiths.
I have a 1927 Ideal Grade with this type of trigger with the safety selector.
Later ones had the selector alongside the trigger, similar to a HOT.

I am not sure if more wood has to be removed between the side locks as it does for the HOT and on the L.C. Smith Featherweights, metal has to be removed from the top tang area for the actuation of the second firing.

In order to tell if it is a real Miller, in the case of the later ones, I guess you would have to take the gun agart and look.

Dan May of Classic Gun Stocks, has the exclusive rights to the Miller One Trigger now.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dan is an occasional poster here. The current offering for Miller triggers is limited to a handful of makes/models. Fox, Ithaca NID, and Parkers. There were more than one designs of Miller triggers over the years. I suspect many designs. There was also the Ithaca-Miller situation that someone articulated here, but which I don't recall the details. Something about a contract for Miller triggers then a claim of patent infringement?

http://www.millersingletrigger.com/

Last edited by Chuck H; 12/22/11 11:28 AM.
11F Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller triggers are usually stamped MILLER on the sides of the blades. Elmer (Pappy) Miller and son Howard produced Miller triggers for over 60 years at "The Plant" in Millersburg, PA. They were installed in almost any SxS or O/U you can think of from Purdeys to Parkers. The early selective style does have the selector fashioned from the safety slide like a Smith and the later style has a rocker in front of the blade. Ithacas used them as factory single trigger on the NID. No one "fakes" a Miller so if it looks like a Miller it probably is. Although the company name was sold, the patents have long since lapse and anyone can make a "Miller style" trigger and people do I have had them made for a number of guns. I have owned atleast 20 guns with Millers and Miller copies.

Last edited by 11F; 12/22/11 11:32 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a lovely new condition Premier Skeet elsie which got stolen. As I remember it had a selector in front of the trigger? What trigger would that have been????

Sidelock
Sidelock

It was most likely a Hunter One Trigger. Hunter Arms, HOT used a slide that took the place of the front trigger spot in the trigger plate. With the gun lying on top rib, it would be in the left slot. It had a small circle I believe made of copper, with an "L" stamped in it and rearward it had another circle with an "R" in it.
You could also order a single trigger in the forward position, middle, or rear. Most I have seen are in the rear position.
Some will have on the front of the trigger plate, Hunter One Trigger and others will have it along side the trigger.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks. I hated to lose that gun..Like new condition..great wood..straight grip...Used it once only, shot 4 geese with it over decoys...Gun showed up later in an ad..talked the guy into giving me the serial#s called the cops in Cal. where it was stolen, they called the cops in Michigan where it showed up,I was living in Colorado....Someone must have tipped the guy off. By the time anyone got there he had "sold" the gun and No, he didnt remember to whom...or where he got it...

cgs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good information has already been supplied above, thanks to all. Our current parts inventory is best suited to Parkers, Foxes and Ithaca NID's but we do occasionally install our trigger in other makes/models and evaluate the jobs on a case by case basis. We will be adding L.C. Smith to the regular list in the near future. We are also very close to resurrecting the Miller Single Set Trigger for Mauser 98 actions. A pre-production run is underway.

We currently only install the second generation (1962 patent) selector on selective versions. This is the rocker type switch which is built into the front of the trigger body. We are considering tooling up to provide the early, safety mounted style and will make an announcement if we do. From the beginning, all genuine Miller triggers were stamped "Miller" on the trigger bodies. We continue this tradition today and any trigger which is not so stamped is not a true Miller trigger.

Any other questions, fire away or send me an email at info@millersingletrigger.com.

Best regards, Dan

Sidelock
Sidelock

What about one for a Remington Model 32?

cgs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Unfortunately there just isn't enough demand with the 32 for us to justify the R & D. The original Miller company did a lot of them but it was during the time of the model's popularity. If anyone out there has a 32 with an installed Miller and plans on visiting near our shop, I'd love to take a look at it.

Dan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.