April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Chad Linder, SKB, 2 invisible), 454 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,470
Posts545,149
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
2holer #254265 12/01/11 01:35 AM
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I was going to post pictures but this gun is like the one I own.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim--It appears that your gun has the same graceful stock as mine. When I put it to my shoulder it seems odd not grabbing something like an old wooden fence post. Mine is chambered for 3" 12. I haven't shot 3" in it because of the slim grip as I don't want it to crack. I also wonder if the internals on these Spanish guns are similar or even the same between brands in case one should need parts.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

JRB:
The screws on mine are untouched apparently since to gun was built so I've never inspected the internals. It comes up "lively" which is the best term I can think of to describe it as the gun is well balanced.
It does has one horrid cosmetic feature: THE SPESCO CORP. ATLANTA,GEORGA(The importer) is stamped in large letters on the bottom of the frame.
Curiously enough it came in a Winchester 23 case which it fits perfectly.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lively is exactly the way I would describe my F.S. Mine has one horrid feature too. On the left barrel next to Eibar is stamped Eig. Well, I did some research on Eig and I find out it is the name of my guns importer--Saul Eig. Maybe Tony's fancy welding technique would cover our blemishes.

Mine fits a Weatherby case perfectly. I don't know which model of Weatherby was intended for this case but the Weatherby name is either coming off or covered over with a silk screen.

My shotgun weighs exactly 6 pounds 15 ounces. I think a little light for a 3" mag 12. It's fun enough though with 2 3/4 shells.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mike Bonner
Kemen is a Spanish company, is it not?
Mike

Yes sir, it is:

http://www.kemenarmas.es/

J.R.B. #254342 12/01/11 05:14 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
I also wonder if the internals on these Spanish guns are similar or even the same between brands in case one should need parts.

That's a perceptive question.

When it comes to Spanish shotguns we are generally looking at hand built guns, and each gun is composed of parts that are hand fitted. Attempting to swap parts between guns can be a nightmare; even between guns made by the same maker in the same month of the same year.

Hand built guns are a delight, until something breaks. Then it's big bucks having a good gunsmith make and fit a replacement part. Here's an one-point story.

I bought a used Zabala Hermanos SLE from CAI, and found the firing pins and rusted to the bushings. I sent an e-mail to ZH, pleading for bushings and pins for my gunsmith to use to fix the gun. I included the gun SN and a description in my e-mail. Two weeks later I received a dozen or so different style bushing blanks and about as many different styles of firing pins. My gunsmith made it work, and I'm still shooting the gun – purely due to the kindness of ZH.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Hey guys: I love and appreciate you all!! Could we possibly get back on the discussion of the subject gun that started this thread?? grin
Jim

Easily done :-)

Armas ERBI, like most Spanish shotgun makers, produced shotguns to any price point for which they had an order. We typically see only lower price point box lock guns here in the US, imported in the pre-DIARM days by gun shops, hardware stores, and the like. High price point ERBI guns exist, but are mostly only seen in Spain.

Many of the very finely made DIARM model 'Derby' SLE guns marked ' Sarriugarte' on the top of the barrels are composed of parts made by ERBI (as can be seen by ERBI's maker mark on the water table and barrel flats) and given to DIARM when ERBI joined DIARM.

I've seen a lot of plain Jane ERBI shotguns, but I've never seen a poorly made ERBI shotgun. Some of their guns handle so well it's almost like the gun wants to go hunting all by itself :-)

You have yourself a very fine shotgun.

Kyrie #254347 12/01/11 05:39 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Kyrie
Some of their guns handle so well it's almost like the gun wants to go hunting all by itself :-)

On clay targets I think of it more like a "magic wand". grin

Sidelock
Sidelock

There is a potential problem I should mention; Spanish Steel Disease (SSD). It goes like this.

First we buy a little Spanish 20 gauge box lock because it pretty and can be had for under $400. Then we discover how well the damn thing handles, see another, similar Spanish box lock in 12 gauge, also for under $400, and buy it. Now we're having so much fun we decide to see if we can find a Spanish 16 gauge box lock.

Next step is when we discover a Spanish side lock for under a grand. And snap it up. Pretty soon we have a full safe, and are looking at guns like this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=263174611

That's SSD – the inability to stop buying Spanish shotguns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm sure this topic has been discussed As Nauseum, but here goes - I have always heard that there was a period in Spanish mass markiet gun making that suffered from poorly heat treated parts and resulting soft components. If true, when did that occur?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.