April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (eightbore, SKB), 440 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,087
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yes, now I just have to pay for it!

Scotty
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gents, I had the pleasure of visiting Jens Ziegenhahn Friday 28 Oct and got to see my gun in the white. Jens made the final stock measurements for LOP, comb, and cast, and everthing seems to be measured just right. The gun fits very comfortably and naturally to my face. Jens cut a little here and shaved a little there on the stock, all while I watched. A very enjoyable experience. The masking tape is holding the tang in place.
The wood turned out like I had hoped it would, with lots of marble and character. It will change a bit as Jens makes the final shaping and stains it, but as you can see, it should be a very nice stock. Hoping to have it completed by January, but I am in no big hurry.

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations! Are you basically getting a Kreighoff
Essentia without the middleman? Hope it is a good deal...hint, hint--we all want a ballpark figure. Very nice.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This gun will only share some outward appearances with an Essentia, since they come from the same master gun maker, but it will be a strictly "Ziegenhahn und Sohn" gun. My gun is a trigger-plate action, and most Essentia's are a true side-lock gun, the rest being (I think) A&D Boxlocks. I have false-sideplates for more engraving canvas. I selected the wood blank from the "B grade" stack, as the "A grade" stack was more than I wanted to pay for, but having bought a few blanks in the past, I think I chose a good one. The engraving is the expensive part, at 3,000 Euros, almost 25% of the total price.

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Scotty,
I was at the Hohenfels Hubertus fest held last last night, won me a complete freshly shot roe deer from the raffle some nice hunting horn music was played too, lovely traditions they have here.
Weidmansheil.
Martin

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Martin, I just returned today from a Pheasant and Partidge hunt in France with my dog Casey. Hunting was not that great, but at least I have now had the experience and scrathed 2 Roosters and a Patridge, and had a fleeting shot at a Woodcock. I'll post som pics later.

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Scotty,
The group hunting drive is on 11th December this year in the Gimpertshausen forest, are you in on it?
I have had to cancel a driven hunt in Poland which falls on the same weekend. I have to show willing locally.
Best wishes, Martin

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Martin, thank you for the invite, but I am hunting Quail in the California high desert that weekend,.I have a buisness trip followed by a friend's retirement ceremony, then he and I chase quail for two days.
But let me know when you want to share a pint in Kemnathen!

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

JaegerMeister, Schnapps --moggenweise eine Warsteiner, Ja. I envy you gents just a bit- if given the choice (by Warren Buffett's largess) between a driven shoot in England, or a hunt in Hungary or Germany-- Wunderbar- in Deutschland, Jawohl.

St. Hubertus is the patron Saint of hunters in Europe, is the festival in his honor similar to the great Oktoberfests held earlier in the Autumn there- Danke!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have been to Oktoberfest, but not St Hubertus fest; One thing I know for sure, is that they drink a LOT of great Bier! My favorite is the Bavarian Dunkel or dark bier; smooth as silk and great flavor.

Scotty
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.