April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (HMAK), 439 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,232
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

I won't comment on the speed or tone of the offer, but it's the right thing to do and credit goes to Mr. Gould for it. Better late than never.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ron Vella never wanted to return the gun case, he kept the case, fixed the case, made the case his---he is pissed he had to pay $97.10 to the Canadaian Government for their share. The Canadaian Government made more profit than Russ Gould, the lock company, the liner material maker, etc. The trouble is Ron Vella can't get mad at Canada---he has no sounding board with them---someone has to pay for you free health care. So he gets mad at Russ Gould---an easy mark---what does Ron Vella have to lose---nothing! Do the right thing return and get your refund including the duties you are suppose to pay!

I sure hope you did not order a RBL.

Ralph
Sidelock
Sidelock

Russ, If that is the way you sent the gun as per your picture, I don't see any BUBBLE wrap around the gun so as not to dammage the case as you said. Gee maybe you forgot that too. Anyway YOU were responsible to get the case to your customer intact NOT the guy you sold the pair of guns to. If you asked me to forward a case to some one else, you can guess were I would tell you to go.
BE A MAN or get out of the business! End of story don't deal with the guy. I won't that's for sure.

Wow. The things that happen when I'm away from the computer for a few days. Amazing string.

Originally Posted By: Utah Shotgunner

I know your internet personality very well. You are aggressive irritating and always right. The last time I checked there is no requirement to provide documentation of an OPINION.

For those who might be interested visit the BBS's at accuratereloading.com and do a search for this 'gentleman' and read his rants. I believe you might find some of the same at nitroexpress.com.

Utah Shotgunner is quite right. Do read Gould's posts on these other sites. You will see the same arrogant attitude. I remember one string where the guy implied that if you used a professional gunmaker for a pre-purchase evaluation of an expensive used gun, you were just trying to cheat the seller. Steer way clear of this guy.

"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a quick and easy solution that will make everyone happy, eliminate further shipping and duty expense for both parties, allow both parties to come out even, clean up all reputations involved, and make all posters think "Why didn't I think of that?" If anyone thinks I'm going to share this solution, think again. I'm not getting involved.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They say bad publicity is better than no publicity.

I think this whole squabble stemmed from the 'Duty Fee' someone didn't want to pay.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Vella started this now he can close this thread. We're still waiting for his online response to get a full refund or keep the case full stop.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think it was foolish to offer him a refund.

Gentlemen,
I agree it's time to let this one go but unfortunately, Mr. Gould's offer is in my opinion too little too late. Many can probably see two sides to this story, but consider this.

1 - We all know the hassles involved in packaging and shipping which will be another out of pocket expense for Mr. Vella while he waits for Mr. Gould to make good on his offer of reimbursement.

2 - The costs quoted for repairs (if I am not mistaken) are the costs charged by Americase for the actual parts. Someone had to then install the parts and reline the case which is additional expense that Mr. Gould has not offered to repay.

3 - Since Mr. Vella went through the hassle and grief of restoring this case, why should he now wish to return it to Mr. Gould? So Gould could sell it again, while Mr. Vella still needs a case?

4 - Mr. Vella in his initial post made it quite explicit that he did not want anything from Mr. Gould. He posted his experience for the rest of us to judge for ourselves, and I appreciate it.

Had Mr. Gould done the right thing in the first place, beginning with NOT using the case for his own benefit and completing the sale in a timely manner as is stated as a seller requirement in the "Conditions" section of his web site, none of this would have happened.

The fact that it took 10 pages of commentary on this BB and more on Shooting Sportsman before for Mr. Gould even bring himself to accept a minimum amount of responsibility and make his final offer is tragic. Unfortunately, his arrogance still precluded him from actually apologizing to Mr. Vella for the problem and his words (like CFH) and actions that followed. Once again the ommission of even a basic apology is in my opinion what makes all of this much too little and much too late.

I believe at this time the only satisfactory conclusion is a sincere apology from Mr. Gould to Mr. Vella. Reimbursement for the repairs that had to be made to bring the case back to the standard that Mr. Vella expected and paid for in the first place would also be appropriate.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentlemen, I apologize for taking so long to close this matter. I have been at work since 6:30 this morning and our server has been down until about half an hour ago. I just got to read Mr. Gould’s offer about 15 minutes ago.

Russell Gould, I want to thank you publicly for making the offer of 100% reimbursement, which you have. Frankly, if you had offered in November to help defray my costs to repair the case, I would have gone away a happy customer, the California business notwithstanding. At any rate, you have now done what many here, including me, see to be the correct thing and I applaud you for having done so.

However, I have invested probably 25 to 30 hours of my spare time in gutting, relining, and re-configuring this case. While so doing, I have added fitted blocks for snap-caps as well as oil and Vaseline bottles. Also, I have widened the barrel channels so that the barrels are now held horizontally, rather than vertically, as in the original. So the case has been customized to the point where it is not anywhere near its original configuration. After all of the work that I have put into it, it is as near new as a used case can be and I am happy with it as it now stands.

I stated to you on November 22, and again here on February 10, that I was not looking for anything from you. I stand by those statements. For these reasons, and for the reasons, which Sharpsrifle has so very ably delineated above, I will keep the case.

I hereby accept your offer of a 100% refund as full and total restitution for all past inconveniences and costs.

Also, as quickly as it is possible to do so, I will post a message on the other BBS’s informing the readers of our settlement of this matter.

Thank you and good shooting,
Ron Vella.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.