April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Jerry G, Oberndorf), 992 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,134
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#249136 10/24/11 01:18 PM
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

what is the quality of galazan oak and leather gun case?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have these:

The oak and leather cartridge case:
http://www.csmcspecials.com/Oak_Leather_Ammo_Box_p/c0150.htm

Two barrel set leather trunk case:
http://www.csmcspecials.com/Best_Quality_Leather_Trunk_Case_2_Barrel_p/c0030.htm

and this canvase case:
http://www.csmcspecials.com/Canvas_Trunk_Case_p/c0075.htm

I have a lot of trips on the first and third items and found them to be very good quality and very tough. The two barrel leather case is more of a show case for a particular gun I have. I have several of the Jeff's Outfitters cases and I have had many problems with them. Galazan's are worth the difference in price to me.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Buffelhead, first I have to say I like your handle. Reminds me of mine. LOL

Not sure my comments will help you when compared with Mike's experience. We're not really arriving at a consensus.

I have cases from both Jeff's and Galazan, including the two examples posted by Mike.

Each case gets what I would call light use.

No problems with anything from Jeff's.

After very light use, the nails holding the lock mechanism of the Galazan leather case just slid out one day. Not what I should have expected for the money I paid and would have returned it but for the headaches of crossing the border.

I have several of the Galazan canvas cases and no problems there.

James

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Boxlock
Boxlock

I have had great service from Jeff's cases. Both canvas sided and leather SxS compacts. The leather is a little too red for my taste but at that price point it's a minor complaint and I own 3.

I have two of Galazan's canvas sided cases (sent typically with RBL's) and they are serviceable, but not particularly attractive.

I have one leather case for a Win 21. Nice, not great. I haven't moved the gun around in its case much, so no strong opinion on durability, but I'm pretty satisfied at the price point.

The point being, you get what you pay for. The Galazan oak and leather case is fine, but it is not a Huey. You want a real Oak and Leather case and you own the gun that justifies it? Huey.

Last edited by robc; 10/24/11 02:40 PM.
Boxlock
Boxlock

Oh, and canvasback?

"The world cries out for such:he is needed, & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia"

Damn, that is one obscure quote. Nice.

Sidelock
Sidelock

OT, kinda - Is that quote from "Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia"?

Is it something Phil Lesh said one night at Winterland?

Sidelock
Sidelock

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have never heard the "plight of the small business owner and the mid level manager" explained so well. I copied the 1899 Hubbard message for future use. I wish I had access to it during my working years. Thanks, Canvasback.

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

gun case off track?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, yeah.....

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.