May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hugh Lomas, SKB, ClapperZapper, Mike Harrell, Guy Ave), 444 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,500
Posts545,480
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Doverham, Ziegenhahn und Sohn custom make best and fine guns to your order. They also make renowned competition pistols. The Krieghof Essentia sidelocks are made by Jens Ziegenhahn. Jens uses the guild technique as do many European makers. My barrels were made by Merkel, the trigger plate by another family, and the engraving is done throughout Suhl and Zela-Mehlis. Jens does the woodwork himself, and the actions are made in-house with CNC. I took a factory tour when I placed my order. Rather a work-shop tour, because there really is no factory, jyst Jens' workshop. All measurements were done by Jens to ensure perfect fit for me. I was able to specify everything about the gun. It takes over a year, but then a bespoke gun is supposed to be worth the wait. Hope this helps.

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

No Dak Scotty - that does help, thanks for that information. I have since spoken with Dale at Heritage Armes about this maker and ordering from them. Unfortunately, the dollar/euro conversion rate has driven their prices up a fair amount. I remain very interested in their round action gun but think I need to wait to see if the conversion rate move back in the right direction.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dover, my gun will be a round action, so when it is finished I will post some pics.

Scotty
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

UPDATE: I talked with Jens Ziegenhahn Thursday; he said I can visit in mid-July to see the completed metal work in-the-white, and drawings of my engraving plan. The cost to view (and keep) the drawings was an extra 200 Euros ($290) but well worth it to be able to approve the design before they cut any metal, plus I'll keep the drawings for my files. Stock work should begin late July. I am planning a November hunt in Normandy France for Huns and Pheasant, so I am hoping to try my new Double gun then!

Scotty
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Monthly update: the engraving drawings won't be ready until early septemeber, so I will visit Jens then and see the completed metal work in the white, the craved-stock for a final fitting and adjustment, and inspect the drawings. Hoping to have the gun ready by the end of the this year.

Scotty
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

September update: I talked to Jens this week and the 16 gauge SxS has been test fired and proofed! Very exciting news. Due to schedule conflicts for both of us, my next opportunity to visit will be in late Oct. Then Jens will do the final fitting adjustment on the stock. The engraving drawings are almost complete, and he will scan and email them to me for approval. Ideally I would see them in person, but my work schedule just doesn't allow. I'll see them in Oct anyway.

Scotty
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have copies of the engraving drawings; I want to make some minor changes, which I am fortunate to be able to do so. The overall design looks fantastic, I just need to tweak a few things. Hoping to visit Jens in about 2 weeks to finalize the engraving and stock fit.

Scotty
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here is the drawing of my engraving. I was able to dictate the design and style, and Jens even used "my" German Shorthair for the design. I went with an Old Germanic style, which I like better than the English Rose and Scroll. The reason I went with false sideplates on this Trigger Plate design gun was to have more canvas for engraving. Only one sideplate is complete, the other will have the same background but with different game scene. I have a Texas Lone Star on the opening lever because I'm originally from Texas, and the compass on the floorplate represents my job as a aircraft Navigator, and also as an American who bought the gun in Germany...an international traveller, I suppose.

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice. It will be a treasure when it's done.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

NoDak Scotty - you should be very proud of that gun!

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.