April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (67galaxie, 1 invisible), 943 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,110
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24
Sidelock
Sidelock

MarkOue, was that chesador created custom for you, or was it a kind accident? In any case, that is one serious moose-pup! If I ever saw a classic case of "Hybrid vigor", that's it. The Parker Long Tom is pretty impressive, too!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't locate any digital hunting pictures but I think the point was to show what we look like.

We've all seen dead birds before. (I'm just making excuses...I shoulda had a hunting pic!)

It's my ex mother in law in the background. Looks like she's cooking, which is probably why I'm smiling.

Just turned 53 this past August.

Last edited by canvasback; 10/18/11 10:03 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Two weeks ago on the Snake River. Trip given to me by my wife as a 70th birthday present! All I can say about chuckar hunting in this area is it's no country for old men (or anyone with a lick of common sense)!

Couple of chuckars that fell to my Webley 700 12 gauge with 26" barrels. Folks, if you haven't hunted truly wild chuckars all I can say is they're big, fast, and have a sick sense of humor. Oh, these were a true double...heh, heh.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ok Ok:
Here's the wife and I posing for our "Peace on Earth Goodwill to Men " Christmas card pic. from a couple of years ago.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
phideaux,

Y'all must've been shooting a watering hole in the top picture. Don't see anything for them to feed on behind you, 'less there's a feedlot or something behind the camera.

Stan

Stan, there was some shin-high goat weed in the field to my right, and yes, there was a small pond to my right as well. More importantly, there is 6,000 acres of millet and wild sunflowers directly behind me in this picture some 400 yards. grin

American by birth, Texan by grace of God.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hadn´t seen this thread, me two weeks ago in the Selous, (age 48)no feathers I´m afraid but there is a double !

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: phideaux2003
phideaux,

Y'all must've been shooting a watering hole in the top picture. Don't see anything for them to feed on behind you, 'less there's a feedlot or something behind the camera.

Stan

Stan, there was some shin-high goat weed in the field to my right, and yes, there was a small pond to my right as well. More importantly, there is 6,000 acres of millet and wild sunflowers directly behind me in this picture some 400 yards. grin

6000 acres, eh? Lessee,........ that'd take at least 2500 guns to shoot properly! shocked Sure would hate to have to feed all of 'em barbeque.

Oh, wait a minute phideaux! I see that powerline way back there, now. laugh

Great thread, Doug. I have reread it more than any other I can remember.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 10/20/11 07:18 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike A.,

Thanks for the kind words!

Radar, my chesador was in fact from an accidental litter 10 years ago. He was the Alpha of the litter and no one wanted him because of his strong personality. He is an a very agressive retriever and smart as a real-life Lassie could be! Dog breed purists hate chesadors and other mixed breeds but me being mostly a mutt, well I have a special place in my heart for the "underdog"!

I collect "big" guns especially Parkers. Lately I have been acquiring extra long-barreled Parkers. I shot competitive rifle for decades and my brain wants the barrel(s) to stop moving before I squeeze the trigger. Long, heavy barrelled guns do not allow for any rifle shooting of flying creatures!

Respectfully,
Mark

Last edited by MarkOue; 10/20/11 08:10 AM.

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, Mark, sometimes those "accidents" are just right; nature just having its own way! (I used to make beer/.22 shell money by betting guys that I could guess the parentage of their mutts. And I would have loved to have SOME of those dogs, mostly the big ones!).

Add Chesapeake strong to Labrador sweet and you get something like my ideal cup of coffee: strong AND sweet! (But I suspect he does take some governing, too. And feeding.) Many thanks for the pix.

Mike Armstrong

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: phideaux2003
phideaux,

Stan

6000 acres, eh? Lessee,........ that'd take at least 2500 guns to shoot properly! shocked Sure would hate to have to feed all of 'em barbeque.

Oh, wait a minute phideaux! I see that powerline way back there, now. laugh

Great thread, Doug. I have reread it more than any other I can remember.

SRH

Oh we don't hunt the 6000 acres. We just hunt the only water hole near by. It's on about 60 acres.

American by birth, Texan by grace of God.
Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.