April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (eeb, fullandfuller, Roundsworth, 1 invisible), 1,028 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,125
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RMC
Geo...I've got a couple porky's all boxed up for ya, all I need is your address. Possums and skunks by request. BTW, Please keep all this heat down in your part of the country, I've had about all I can take. Randy

Randy, you and I have had some fun selling shotguns back and forth to each other over the years; would you have any interest in working up a staight up swap for a number of Porkys for an equal number of armadillos? I might even throw in a Beretta single shot folding gun if we get up a good enough number or porkies and 'dillos....Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Twicebarrel, my recommendation on the Hampton Inn is based on personal experience, most recently the end of June this year. There is a field at the rear of the motel adequate to get the dog squat accomplished (and cleaned up - so I don't have to deal with it on my return trip in two weeks). Rooms are nice and the free breakfast is good.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I dont them bitng him, but then they get sick for a couple of days...can't hunt

Sidelock
Sidelock

I suggest a Grubbing Hoe to remove the Staples (and Head).

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: postoak
I suggest a Grubbing Hoe to remove the Staples (and Head).

We actually had to buy the snakes at a signifigant expense to the club. We are going to try to reuse them.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

There was a program on TV last nite about rattle snake catchers. They were selling live snakes for $4.00 per pound. What did your club pay?
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I located a retired DVM who does snake aversion training in north central Florida. A buddy and I drove down this a.m. with 4 dogs; 2 Britts, a Setter and a Boykin. He had a large Eastern Diamond Back, over 5' and as thick as a grapefruit and an ultra-stubby 3' Cottonmouth mocassin. The E-jolt administered to the pooches when they showed interest in the sight, scent and sound of the buzzing rattler dimmed lights in the tri-county area. After returning the dogs from inside out to back to right side out, we attempted to have the dogs walk on a relaxed long lead back to the rattler. They would have nothing of it and tried to keep the handler between them and the snake. We then moved downwind of the cottonmouth and they exhibited the same scared as hell attitude, keeping the leash holder between them and the snake. Of all the dogs he has trained over the past 15 years, 5 have been bitten by snakes. Two scenarios: Jumping over a log on top of the snake or two dogs finding the snake and each competitively inching towards the snake until one was bitten. I feel it was worth the 210 mile drive each way. I hope I never learn otherwise. My buddy who took the setter and Boykin lost a Boykin in February almost three years ago to a large Eastern Diamondback. It was over for the poor dog in 15 minutes. If anyone needs contact info, please p.m. me. Gil

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.