May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (cpa, SKB, Stanton Hillis, Chantry, 2 invisible), 366 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,452
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you will find ther were several Sarasqueta's. Felix is one that comes to mind. There was also a Sarsketa {may have got the spelling wrong},of whom I can only say I have seen bottom end guns by.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This one has really piqued my interest.

I cannot make out the full name on the action; would it be possible to spell it out?

Also there will be a 'maker's mark' on the barrel flats and the inner surface of the receiver;
would it be possible to get a clear picture?

With that information I may be able to share some additional information concerning your gun.

Best,

Kyrie

Originally Posted By: Roy Australia
My Viludia Sarasqueta U/O I suspect this maker was trying to cash in on Victors name. Its pretty, but has material and manufacturing deficiencies.

gjw #244428 09/18/11 09:54 AM
J.R.B. Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gjw
Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
Originally Posted By: gjw

J.R.B. where in ND are you if I may ask?

All the best!

Greg

I'll give you a clue where I am Greg wink --->Just look for the "World's Largest Holstein Cow". Not that I'm proud of the thing. laugh

Hi, would her name happen to be "Sue"? If so, then your a Morton county boy. Well, so am I. I live south of Mandan.

All the best!

Greg

Good to see another Morton county boy. You have a PM Greg. grin I live in the Sweetbriar Valley northwest of the dam. Truth be known I didn't think this post would generate so much interest. I bought the gun because of it being well made.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
J.R.B. Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A little update on the Sarriugarte. Yesterday I threw a lawn party and BBQ (hickory smoked pork ribs with the trimmings). The neighbor and his family were here and brought a target thrower. I had only one box of trap shells for it and figured I would get some practice in before hunting season. I busted the first and only target they threw for me. The rest of the box of shells his kids used up. Oh well, it was fun watching the kids have a literal blast with it. grin His daughter is 18 and never shot a shotgun in her life. After some quick instructions she hit with the Sarriugarte like a pro. I think I have three new recruits for doublegunning. Both kids and their Dad are looking for double guns now. Ah, nothing like having a BBQ/lawn party and a little target practice for dessert.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've got a cheap 12 ga. shotgun marked "Parkemy" that's Spanish. It's tight, and the top lever is well right, but it's basically a rabbit gun. I haven't bothered checking the water table.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
A little update on the Sarriugarte. Yesterday I threw a lawn party and BBQ (hickory smoked pork ribs with the trimmings). The neighbor and his family were here and brought a target thrower. I had only one box of trap shells for it and figured I would get some practice in before hunting season. I busted the first and only target they threw for me. The rest of the box of shells his kids used up. Oh well, it was fun watching the kids have a literal blast with it. grin His daughter is 18 and never shot a shotgun in her life. After some quick instructions she hit with the Sarriugarte like a pro. I think I have three new recruits for doublegunning. Both kids and their Dad are looking for double guns now. Ah, nothing like having a BBQ/lawn party and a little target practice for dessert.

I'm glad someone brought this up:
My wife and I are always inviting people to go shooting with us as it introduces them to the positive side of firearms ownership and use and I think to a degree negates the negative stuff they constantly see on the"mainstream" news media.
We've had teenagers come out of our club grinning ear to ear carrying a rolled up target they just punctured with a H&K MP5. grin
Unfortunately we can't have a "shooting" BBQ in our very suburban neighborhood.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.