May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Perry M. Kissam, LGF, 3 invisible), 957 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,619
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I found this post on Gunbroker. Is the market lookng up?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=241466032

Rapidfire

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am relieved it didn't sell. I am waiting and hoping for them to lower the price to $900,000

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow. No pictures..? This gun must have a serious pedigree!

GMC(SW) - USN, Retired (1978-2001)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Too precious to have pictures taken of it. It's like one of those society matrons who are mortified (and get hell raised at the papers) if their names appear in the papers on any occasion other than their birth, maybe their debut, wedding, wedding of their children, and death.

But that gun is surely too good for you and me.

Last edited by Dave in Maine; 07/22/11 08:09 PM.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wish he just had a $ 1,000,000.00 buy now price. I dont want to get in a bidding war.

Last edited by Brian; 07/22/11 09:51 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian, even if you could get it for 1 mill you would still have to pay the shipping.

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks like a little "can't sell my gun" frustration. A lot of that going around lately. Been there myself. Here are a couple previous posts of the same gun.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=241070122

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=241261044

SxS

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you had to pay to list on GunBroker most of the problems with the site would go away. Charge .25 or .50 per listing and most sellers would stop listing the same guns for years at prices which will never be paid or with reserves that are too high. Some of the sellers have fifty to a hundred guns listed for years on end. It just clogs up the site so that you can not see anything for the clutter.

The seller noted above has a decent 20 that he can not sell. It is one item in four pages of Fox guns. Many of them have been listed for months or even years. Finding one decent gun in that mess is like trying to carry on a conversation with one person on a party line with a thousand people all talking at the same time.

The real wonder is that the site sells any guns at all. They almost have to be listed as no reserve guns and the price must invite all the bargian bidders to bid hoping to steal a gun. I bet most of the guns sold are no reserve guns. We all have seen the same guns listed for years on GB and just skip them when we look at the site. I think that they should have a "first time" listed page for all gun types. At least then the old clutter would be off to the side.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
It just clogs up the site so that you can not see anything for the clutter.

Finding one decent gun in that mess is like trying to carry on a conversation with one person on a party line with a thousand people all talking at the same time.

They need to hire jOe to police the site and clear up the clutter.......!......... smile

This Savage Sterly is way over priced and I'm sure the seller is frustrated........There are nice Philly Sterly 20's listed for less......

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's the old story that something is worth what a willing seller and a willing buyer will agree to it being worth.

In this instance, like so many others on GB, the seller has an overly high opinion of what his gun is worth, and he's left waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting for someone to become that willing buyer at his price.

I can think of easily a dozen guns on GB that I like and might buy but for the fact that the seller has set an impossibly high starting price for them and I'm not willing to pay that. And those guns have been there well over two years with no downward movement in their listing price (and even the occasional upward move - go figure).

It winds up looking not much different from trolling the big lake at an arbitrary depth and hoping to catch a fish, rather than figuring out where the fish are at this time and going after them. While there might be the occasional buyer who will bite at these prices - i.e., the troller might catch the odd, random fish - the vast majority are not anywhere in the neighborhood and aren't paying attention to the offer. We buyers should not curse the sellers for their inattention to what we might be interested in. (If you really wanted that gun, you'd buy it at the seller's asking price and we wouldn't be having this discussion.) After all, that would be like the fish being angry at the fisherman for not doing enough to catch the fish. Rather, we should recognize that when the sellers get hungry enough, they'll suss out that they have to do something they haven't been doing to get us to bite.

Maybe if/when enough of the sellers get around to reading this thread and see/hear us laughing at them and their prices, they might get real with them.

Last edited by Dave in Maine; 07/23/11 10:53 AM.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.