May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mike Harrell), 817 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,401
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
sernv99 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm interested in trying English shotgun cartridges, besides Gamebore.....something like Lyalvale, Hull, Eley, etc.

Eley lists American retailers but they sell mostly match rifle ammo from what I have inquired about. I'm still waiting to hear back from the US importer regarding shotgun shells.

Does anyone have insight to any distributors or retailers who specialize in English shotgun shells?

Thanks

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lyalvale responded to my emails in the past. Why not try them?

DGM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The lastest H&H shells are being imported from England.

http://www.classicshooting.com/

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fieldsport in Traverse City, MI will have what you need and ship them to you. RST classic shot shells made in PA are a great alternative and are low pressure like most English shells. They will ship direct from the factory by the flat or include some in a mixed flat from Fieldsport. I don't think Eley shotgun shells are any longer imported to the U.S.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Holland & Holland cartridges listed above, I can vouch for them being superb products.The Light Load is a really wonderful cartridge, loaded in English size 7 it will break clays, shoot pigeon all day long without adverse reaction to recoil. The price quoted in the advert is extremely cheap, I am sure that I cannot by them for the equivelant price here in the UK.
I do feel that RST can provide cartridges to suit your needs. I met the owners/vendors at the Vintagers and found them to be most gracious, knowledgable and helpful.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good to see H&H light loads for the 12. Most of the British shells we see in this country are game loads. The great thing about RST is that they have lighter target loads available (like 7/8 oz--and even 3/4 oz--for the 16, 3/4 for the 20, 5/8 for the 28) for target shooting with guns other than 12's.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you want Lyalvale loaded shells they used to be available in US under Westley Richards name. Who loads H&H branded shells for them does anyone know?

Sidelock
Sidelock

H&H are loaded by Hull & Gamebore

Boxlock
Boxlock

I was able to recently import a pallet of Eley shotgun shells into the U.S. I'm located in south Louisiana, and do still have a limited amount of these Eley shells available. I have the Eley Olympics, Blues, and First Lite in #7.5 shot. The First Lite shells are 2.5 inch shells and would be great for some of those old English guns that are chambered for 2.5 inch shells. I also have some of the Eley VIP Steel shells in #1 and #5 shots. The steel shot are all 3 inch shells. Drop me a line if you are still looking for some. sf46@cobridge.tv

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for posting the link to the US H&H shells. They look great and at prices comparable to RST. And even better, their 16 gauge game loads are $5 cheaper per flat than their 20s!

Has anyone done comparative patterning with any of the brands discussed in this thread?

Last edited by billwolfe; 12/09/13 10:12 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.