May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (R. Glenz, canvasback, Tim in PA, 2 invisible), 452 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,499
Posts545,465
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hausman's shoot is coming up again in less than a month. Looking forward to it. Door prizes include an RBL 20 gauge.

JUNE 3 - 5, 2011 GREAT NORTHEAST SIDE X SIDE CLASSIC
9th Annual American Side x Side Classic

RBL Challenge
Try Conneticut Shotgun's RBL in 16, 20 and 28 gauge with RST, Ltd. shells.

"Bo-Whoop" Trophy Event
Presented by A.H. Fox Collectors Association.
Shooting Games and Competitions:
Sporting Clays, Hunter Clays, Skeet, Wobble Trap, 5 Stand, Flurry, and Tower Field.
Golf Carts are available for rental
Price
Main Event: $70.00 and 7 Tickets Re-Shoot - $45.00 and 4 Tickets (not for score)
Hunter Clays: $45.00 and 4 Tickets Re-Shoot - $35.00 and 4 Tickets (not for score)
Side Events: $10.00 and 1 Ticket
(tickets good for all door prizes)
Click here for Event Rules.
Click here for Event Brochure.
Sponsors
RST, Ltd. Classic Shotshell Inc.
Stephen Cobb Quality Guns
Gen-Two Sporting Clay Trap Controls
Steve Barnett Fine Guns
Griffin & Howe
J.P. Guild Jr., Vintage Doubles
Cole Johnson
Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Co.

http://hiddenhollowsportingclays.com/HHHSC_Events.htm

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Lefever Arms Collectors Association will be there again displaying some fine Lefevers. Looking forward to the event this year as always. Stop by the Lefever table and chat. Bring your Lefevers for the show and tell.
Plus the high Lefever score for Sunday's main event will win a case of RST shells. See the Lefever forum site for full details.

Chris

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am planning on attending for the first time this year. I will be shooting (probably poorly) a few old LC Smith's. What agenda would you suggest for a "newbie?" Should I shoot Saturday or Sunday (or both)? I am planning on bringing my son along, and he just got started shooting clays, is this going to be a laid back atmosphere where a child is accepted, or will it be a serious competition where he would be a distraction? I worked at several trap events (PA state shoot) so I know all too well how intense some competitors can get.
Thanks,
CHAZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Shoot the Hunter Class event for whatever gauge you choose. Your score will be entered but it will be less expensive than the "Main Event". No, it is not a serious competition open only to serious competitors. Anyone can shoot. Sunday is the Main Event as I recall. Go on the Hidden Hollow website for specific rules.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chaz, the atmosphere is well laid back, unlike registered sporting clays tournaments. I'm sure your son will fit in well, and both of you will like the venue. Son will not be a distraction, in fact youngsters are very welcome and many do attend. Sunday is reserved for the so-called Main Event, and the different gauges are shot on Friday and Saturday. Course is quite hilly and a good part of it is timbered. The last part of the course is set in open fields, over the water. The woodsy targets are set to simulate grouse hunting, and usually fairly close. Ernie Hausmann has a rule, whereby if the gun dosen't go off for any reason - it's a miss. Same as hunting.... gun doesn't fire and the bird flies away. There's no 3 malfunction allowance as in NSCA shooting. There are are some side events and games like the Mad Jack, Flurry and the Fox Collector's Bo-Whoop Long Range shoot, that can be shot most anytime. The vendor tents are filled with Side By Side guns and accouterments, and RST has a trailer and tent set up for people who want to buy their shells in person, and save the freight. Silvers

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.
Sidelock
Sidelock

CHAZ,
Kids are more than welcome. There was a group last year that came and received some excellent tutoring. I'm not sure who provided that. They met up with my shooting partner and I at the water course. We were shooting 8 gages (Smith & Lefever) and let all the kids shoot them. They had a blast and so did we.
This is a very relaxed atmosphere that I particularly enjoy.
Chris

DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Some more information from the website on this year's prizes. Unlike the Vintagers or Southern, everyone who shoots is eligible to win one of several door prizes, including an RBL shotgun.

--- American Classic Side x Side Championship - The top five shooters, shooting a hammer/hammerless Classic American Side x Side of the same maker, will be honored with their names and preferred manufaturer engraved on the Official Hausmann's Hidden Hollow Sporting Clays Winners' Plaque. The shooters do not have to belong to a formal group, a collector's association or shoot together in a squad in order to be elibible for the grand prize. The scores will be shot on the Hunter Clays Course based on a total of eighty (80) targets. Any American made Side x Side will qualify. There simply must be five (5) scores shot by the preferred maker. only first entry scores will be used for competition results.

---The Hunter Clays Competition comprised of a score based upon fifty (50) targets will be held for 410, 28, 20, 16, 12 and 10 gauge with any Side x Side. Only first entry scores, in each gauge entered, will be used for competiton results.

-- HOA man and the HOA woman shooter in the American Classic Side x Side Championship will receive a prize and the HOA shooter, (man or woman), in the Hunter Clays Competition, for each gauge, also receives a prize. Prizes will consist of a flat of premium shotgun shells.

---NO shooter can win more then one prize per event. Only first entry scores will be eligible for competition. Ties will be decided by designated "Tie Break Stations", longest run, front to back. You may enter as many times as you wish but only first entry scores will count towards awards and prizes.

---All door prizes will be awarded by drawing. Winner does not need to be present in order to win the Shotgun. All other door prizes, the winner must be present in order to receive prize.

NOTE: The RBL shotgun is one of the door prizes, it awarded by drawing. Drawing tickets are awarded for each shooting entry into the event. The more you shoot, the better your chances. (see tickets as noted above)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just a little friendly competition challenge.... on the first event DGM wrote about - American Classic Championship - the A H Fox gunners took first place honors for the past two years. Time for another maker to step up? Silvers

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.
DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Also new this year, Gil & Vicki Ash will be holding a shooting school at Hausman's during the event ... just in case that first round doesn't go so well.

JUNE 1 - 5, 2011 OSP Shooting School

Individual and Clinical Instruction
www.ospschool.com

Contact Gil & Vicki Ash if interested in taking lessons
800-838-7533 281-346-0888 osp4u@ospschool.com

DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A bit of good news. Calling around for rooms I found the Inn at Montrose has built a new hotel, so more rooms are available this year. Since the new owners took over a couple years ago and renovated it, its been the nicest place to eat in town. They seem to be doing a nice job.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.